anyone here in RARE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Snowman

Is anyone here in RARE or ridden with RARE?

Snowman Haluzak Hybrid Horizon

I think he's referring to Rochester Area Recumbent Enthusiasts. ?

On 28 Apr 2003 22:30:35 +0950, bentcruiser <[email protected]> wrote:

>Snowman wrote:
> > Is anyone here in RARE or ridden with RARE?
>
>
>
>What is this?
>
>Derek

Snowman ask:

[[ Is anyone here in RARE or ridden with RARE? ]]

I don't know if anyone is actually part of RARE. They just kinda show up I think. There is a
small website though and semi organized weekend rides. Mike Brisson (he's sorta the defacto
administrator I believe) posts in here and I suspect he will be along shortly to to help you
out. I rode on the RARE 2.2(?) ride last year, and it was a very pleasant experience. Lot of
nice people.

[email protected] (breezed) wrote in news:[email protected]:

> Snowman ask:
>
> [[ Is anyone here in RARE or ridden with RARE? ]]
>
>
> I don't know if anyone is actually part of RARE. They just kinda show up I think. There is a
> small website though and semi organized weekend rides. Mike Brisson (he's sorta the defacto
> administrator I believe) posts in here and I suspect he will be along shortly to to help you
> out. I rode on the RARE 2.2(?) ride last year, and it was a very pleasant experience. Lot of
> nice people.
>
>

breezed is correct about the composition of RARE. We're very loosely organized, have no <real>
membership, rules, or agenda. But we do organize a couple of great rides. Mike is the driving force
behind the RARE2K series (R2K3.4 this year). He's also the webmeister.

The weekend ride is actually an every-other-Sunday breakfast ride (Hellbent for Breakfast) under the
aegis of the Rochester (NY) Bicycling Club. It grew out of the semi-regular breakfast rides Mike and
I were doing on our own. There's an every-other-Saturday 'bent ride in another part of town, run by
another long-time local benter, Hank, also on the RBC calendar.

All that being said, Snowman, how can I help?
--
Dave 98GTW [email protected] (remove nospam to reply directly) Presto, Presto II, Screamer

[email protected] (Snowman) wrote in news:ea5666f9.0304280312.204ac968 @posting.google.com:

> Is anyone here in RARE or ridden with RARE?
>
> Snowman Haluzak Hybrid Horizon

Hey, Snowman! You got our attention then you disappeared. It <was> a nice day for a ride
yesterday. ;-)

Maybe you found the information you were looking for?

--
Dave 98GTW [email protected] (remove nospam to reply directly) Presto, Presto II, Screamer

98GTW <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Snowman) wrote in news:ea5666f9.0304280312.204ac968 @posting.google.com:
>
> > Is anyone here in RARE or ridden with RARE?
> >
> > Snowman Haluzak Hybrid Horizon
>
> Hey, Snowman! You got our attention then you disappeared. It <was> a nice day for a ride
> yesterday. ;-)
>
> Maybe you found the information you were looking for?

The posting just disappeared.

I moved to the Rochester area the end of November and I am planning on bringing my 'bent out when I
return from LA on Monday morning. After I get the bike set up again, I will be looking for places to
ride in the Rochester area.

The first day I will be riding will be 17 or 18 May. It looks like I will not be able to ride in the
Malibu Grand Tour or the RARE2k3.4 on 21 June.

Snowman Haluzak Hybrid Horizon 2002 Los Angeles and Rochester

Snowman, When you get here and get settled in, you may also enjoy meeting our friend Mark who also
(one of the few) rides a Horizon. Sorry you can't make the R2k.3.4. Hank, Dave and I also meet every
Wed. eve for brews and such. A lot of bike talk happens. During the season, I combine some riding
with those evenings out, as well. Also, the 18th of May is one of the upcoming hell 'bent dates.
Join us if you're an early riser. Mike Brisson RareSparky '99 Rocket "?? Presto

"Snowman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> 98GTW <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > [email protected] (Snowman) wrote in
news:ea5666f9.0304280312.204ac968
> > @posting.google.com:
> >
> > > Is anyone here in RARE or ridden with RARE?
> > >
> > > Snowman Haluzak Hybrid Horizon
> >
> > Hey, Snowman! You got our attention then you disappeared. It <was> a nice day for a
ride
> > yesterday. ;-)
> >
> > Maybe you found the information you were looking for?
>
> The posting just disappeared.
>
> I moved to the Rochester area the end of November and I am planning on bringing my 'bent out when
> I return from LA on Monday morning. After I get the bike set up again, I will be looking for
> places to ride in the Rochester area.
>
> The first day I will be riding will be 17 or 18 May. It looks like I will not be able to ride in
> the Malibu Grand Tour or the RARE2k3.4 on 21 June.
>
> Snowman Haluzak Hybrid Horizon 2002 Los Angeles and Rochester

Status
Not open for further replies.