Anyone Here Long Term Unemployed? [Dec 2013]

Originally Posted by Mansmind
Why? I'm genuinely curious.
As A. stated some segments of the population tend to vote primarily one way. If you give them what they want you have instilled their support and their continued vote. In theory that same segment would be at a disadvantage because of being forced to carry an ID.
Both parties cater to their voter base. Nothing new , they have just perfected ways to influence the populace.

Edit: It is widely accepted that poorer minorities do not always have a driver lisence as well as elderly and some females that have not updated their marital ID.

Originally Posted by jhuskey
As A. stated some segments of the population tend to vote primarily one way. If you give them what they want you have instilled their support and their continued vote. In theory that same segment would be at a disadvantage because of being forced to carry an ID.
Both parties cater to their voter base. Nothing new , they have just perfected ways to influence the populace.
Well certainly I can see that.

I guess the thing I have a hard time getting my head around is that we have that many people walking around without an ID to begin with. Or rather, that we have that many citizens walking around without an ID. I know it happens, I guess I just don't see that many people without an ID. If we all have it, why not use it? But... if there are genuinely that many people walking around without one, I can see how that would give an advantage.

Originally Posted by alienator

Virtually any of the laws enacted over the last two years. The voter ID law and the claimed problem with voting fraud is actually not a problem at all. Read that again: it's not a problem that exists. However, enacting such law will disproportionately affect the poor and black and hispanic communities. Interestingly, those are communities that tend to vote one way. Protest all you want. Your protestations won't trump the statement by the Pennsylvania Republican party representative who proudly claimed that such a voting law in PA would give Romney PA.

So, I ask you again. Why is a voter ID law needed when there is not even a hint of a voter fraud problem? The need for it comes out of party one-think.
alienator,
If you want evidence (or a 'hint' as you post) of voter fraud just scroll up a few posts and you will find a few examples posted by others on this very thread. People who think there is no voter fraud are either naive or in denial. There is also very little evidence that the ID laws disenfranchise the poor or minorities. In our state a lawsuit was brought against the voter ID law where they had but a handful of example persons having difficulty obtaining an ID. That is a handful out of 3,000,000 people. I say we give them an ID and move on.

BTW, with a few people who cannot get ID's it appears to be less an issue here in Wisconsin than the voter fraud cases we have pending in our state (you know, the ones you say do not exist). Either way I say we stay on topic, and since this is a thread about unemployment I say we buy American bike components whenever possible and put our fellow Americans back to work.
Peace
John S.

Originally Posted by Mansmind

Well certainly I can see that.

I guess the thing I have a hard time getting my head around is that we have that many people walking around without an ID to begin with. Or rather, that we have that many citizens walking around without an ID. I know it happens, I guess I just don't see that many people without an ID. If we all have it, why not use it? But... if there are genuinely that many people walking around without one, I can see how that would give an advantage.
This is of course my opinion but I see very little non-partisan legislation and maybe we have become so polarized as a nation that it is hard to accomplish this.

Quote by JH:
"I guess the thing I have a hard time getting my head around is that we have that many people walking around without an ID to begin with."

Everyone! Sing with me now!!!

"Oh...It's no fun! Being an illegal alien!"

With no apologies to Phil Collins.

We have lots and lots of people walking around this area with FAKE I.D.'s.

They work just fine getting a job riding the Case Farm chicken barn cleaning bus (the ones with the super dark tinted windows so you can't see that it's actually a bus full of illegals) to the chicken ranches. Or the meat processing plants in the area. The ones that used to be staffed by U.S. citizens...before it was realized we could socialize the Republic by allowing 11-23 MILLION illegals in to vote and work for less money.

No I.D.? That only happens when ICE looks at the paperwork.

Originally Posted by Volnix
Thats him... On his youth when he was "modern"!
big-smile.png
The guy was wearing a suit (he was the -only- one wearing a suit)... and was showing up in a brown long jacket-type coat with sawn patches all over it...

Something like this but made of fabric:

Classic - kitschy...
big-smile.png

Edit:

Found it... I need to get me one of those: It has lots of pockets for all the telephone numbers hot babes are gonna be giving me...
big-smile.png

Why do you need pockets for "all the numbers girls will give you" when they'll most likely text or FB you. One pocket for keys and a wallet and another for your phone. And what is with the material that looks like it came from the padded walls of an insane asylum?

Manuel Calavera: He doesn't even HIDE his booze in a file cabinet. What kind of salesman is he?
Max Cavalera: Do you know what time it is? It's time to f**k **** up....

Urban hipster alert! Urban hipster alert!

Is that jacket from the Team Garmin After Hours Collection?

Why you are unemployed:

• Police say dispute over loud music led to Jackson stabbings

• By CantonRep.com staff report
    Posted Jan. 14, 2014 @ 2:01 pm

JACKSON TWP. Last week's double stabbing was the result of a fight about loud music, acting Jackson Township Police Chief Ty Bissler said Tuesday. One man was stabbed in the chest, and another was stabbed in the shoulder around 3:40 a.m. Jan. 8. at a residence on South Boulevard, Bissler said, after an argument ensued over the volume of the music. The victims were taken to Mercy Medical Center for treatment and have since been released, according to a previous Repository report. The two suspects left the residence and were both arrested less than an hour later at Holiday Inn, 4520 Everhard Road NW, according to the Jackson arrest reports. David S. Mendoza, 25, and Rene S. Mendoza, 30, both of 5691 Lasater Dr., Apt. 2, were each arrested on a felonious assault charge. The men were held in jail for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement to make sure they had the proper documentation, Bissler said. They remained in jail Tuesday, according to court records. Read more: http://www.cantonrep.com/article/20140114/NEWS/140119694#ixzz2qSxF1mOb Illegals...just stabbing the Americans that Americans don't want to stab. Just think...if not for these two upstanding, hard-working, industrious, willing to work for $10/Hr. under the table, Democrat voting, non-tax paying criminals, two more American citizens that speak Engrish could be employed and off the dole.

Quote by alien:
"Virtually any of the laws enacted over the last two years."

CAMPYBOB said:
Urban hipster alert! Urban hipster alert! Is that jacket from the Team Garmin After Hours Collection?
Team Garmin After Hours Collection, aye? Is there so much padding to protect themselves from the Sharps?

Mansmind said:
We are talking about federal elections are we not, stands to reason I'm talking about federal income taxes.  Do I think someone should get to vote for an entitlement system they themselves are using?  Nope, sure don't.  I think the people footing the bill should be voting for or against it. YOU need to read a little more clearly however.  I said NOTHING about wealthy and/or poor.  I said someone not paying taxes, period.  I know plenty of poor people paying taxes.  I've been one of them myself. You are the only one talking about poll tax.  I personally don't care what name you choose to put on it.
It's a poll tax. Look it up, and while you're at it, look to see what the courts have said about poll taxes. A history lesson might do you some good.

Cycle Drama said:
alienator, If you want evidence ([COLOR=FF0000]or a 'hint' as you post[/COLOR]) of voter fraud just scroll up a few posts and you will find a few examples posted by others on this very thread. People who think there is no voter fraud are either naive or in denial. There is also very little evidence that the ID laws disenfranchise the poor or minorities. In our state a lawsuit was brought against the voter ID law where they had but a handful of example persons having difficulty obtaining an ID. That is a handful out of 3,000,000 people. I say we give them an ID and move on. BTW, with a few people who cannot get ID's it appears to be less an issue here in Wisconsin than the voter fraud cases we have pending in our state ([COLOR=FF0000]you know, the ones you say do not exist[/COLOR]). Either way I say we stay on topic, and since this is a thread about unemployment I say we buy American bike components whenever possible and put our fellow Americans back to work. Peace John S.   
Handful. Statistically insignificant. You're going to have to do better than that to support your bias.

Originally Posted by alienator

[Quote deleted for language]
as I said... I don't know you .

The only sample size I deal with in my life are the samples I'm exposed to. Or alternately, the information I'm aware of from others. That information tells me what I said regarding "people willing to work" is accurate. Hell just watch the damn news man, business owners are saying it all the time. Are they lying? Maybe, but you don't know if they are any more than I do...so I guess we should take it at their word.

Here is what I do know, I was able to have a difference of opinion with jhuskey, actually respond and ask for his reasoning, get his reasoning..still ended up (I think) not being in complete agreement with his opinion..and that's okay. It's opinion. I can respect different opinions, hell sometimes I even change my opinion based on the reasoning of others opinions.

You, on the other hand, immediately begin at least attempting to "belittle", "stir the pot", and at least IMPLY personal insults. You apparently don't understand how to have an damn intelligent discussion if the opinion happens to differ from yours. I've been reading this forum for years, and I've been watching you do it for years. Spirited is one thing, being an outright asshole is another. All it does really, is well.. make you appear to be an asshole imagine that. It does nothing at all to support your viewpoint.

There was a time I participated in this forum quite a bit, frankly it is precisely the type of behavior you seem to enjoy that dissuades discussion (or at least my desire to). It's interesting, I'm a member of many forums, I have many interests. Ironically this is the ONLY one I've ever just kind of stopped participating in due to this kind of ****. That may be because in others people that behave like you are pretty quickly banned. Don't get me wrong, I see many heated disussions, and wildly different opinions about almost everything...but personal petty childish attacks...nah not so much.

Fortunately for me I guess....I don't really give a damn what you think, about me or anything else. I give even less of a damn when it becomes completely apparent you aren't capable of a respectful discussion about a difference of opinion. Truth is, what you say or do, nor what happens on this forum.. changes my day one bit. I have far more important things to be concerned with.. like running that business full of people that DO want to work and succeed. Of course, it would have been nice to have a place to discuss bicycling like freaking intelligent adults, and perhaps some other topics too... but...as before, this isn't the bicycling forum for it.

To the moderators/admin...I apologize for my language, but every now and then.. there are people in the world that need to hear it for emphasis. There won't be any need to ban, I'm leaving anyway... I just don't have time for this kind of ****. I'm quite sure I can find a place that doesn't contain it that also happens to be bicycling related.

Thanks,

John C.

I see no reason to respect anyone that would entertain taking away someone's right to vote just because they didn't pay taxes. That's not an idea worthy of respect, especially given how much this nation is allegedly all about democracy. I can't respect the idea of taking away someone's right to vote and allowing others, like you, to decide what's best for them, especially given what you've already expressed. It doesn't matter who you are, how much skin you think you've got in the game, or how much you think you do for others. You have no more right to vote than anyone else, even if that someone else is homeless and jobless. You're no better than them, no matter how highly you think of yourself nor how much you stare down through your nose at others.

alienator,
Way to live up to your username. Your ability to prove a point is...well...pointless. Arsehats like you are extremely good at pissing people off while having no legit argument in return. Congratulations cupcake, you win.....in your own mind.

Peace,
John S

Mansmind said:
For the life of me I fail to understand why ANYONE would have an issue of requiring an ID to vote...lol.  I mean, it's just proof that you're a citizen, that's it!!!  You wouldn't be voting to begin with if you aren't a citizen...right?????
An ID shows that you're a legal resident, it does not show that you're a citizen. I have an ID card but I'm not able to vote as I'm one of those dirty foreigners that marry your women and steal all your jobs - ie I have a green card.

John C and John S probably need to wait for Obamacare to kick in and treat that big case of butt hurt. Two Johns in one place - where's the hooker?

Quote by Swampy:
"I'm one of those dirty foreigners..."

Just stealing the wimmenz Americans don't want to steal!

Quote by alien:
"You don't know me either."

Thank the Lord for miracles!

Quote by alien:
"It's a poll tax."

So what? You Demonrats should love another tax. What's one more tax when you tax everything else. Getting biased in your old age?