Anyone here ride/buy a VO3?

asindc

Jul 6, 2006
I'm researching full carbon or carbon/steel bikes for long-distance events and climbs. So far, these bikes have caught my eye:

Bianchi Virata;
Specialized Roubaix Comp Triple;
Felt f4c;
Calfee Luna; and
VO3 Aurora.

I'm looking for a 59-60 size with triple chainring. I'd like at least an Ultegra mix, or the Campy equivalent. I want to stay below $2,500 for full setup. I don't know much about VO3, and they seem to be available only by special order direct. Any comments on the other bikes would be appreciated also.

Bump. I revised my previous post. See below. I'm guessing no one here is familiar with V03, but surely the other brands must be familiar with the others.

asindc said:
I'm researching full carbon or carbon/steel bikes for long-distance events and climbs. So far, these bikes have caught my eye:

Bianchi Centaur;
Specialized Roubaix Expert (or Comp) Triple;
Felt f3c;
Calfee Luna; and
VO3 Aurora (somewhat obscure Internet manuafacturer/dealer).

I'm looking for a 59-60 size with triple chainring. I'd like at least an Ultegra mix, or the Campy equivalent. I want to stay below $3,000 for full setup. I don't know much about VO3, and they seem to be available only by special order direct. Any comments on the other bikes would be appreciated also.

I just went through a major bike buying experience myself. IMHO, all of the bikes you are looking at are probably excellent. You really need to give them a try to figure out what works for you.

My price range was about $5k. I tried the Bianchi L'Una, the Scott One (or something like that), a Pegoretti, and the new Canondale. My LBS did a great job of setting them up and letting me go on some local roads to help me make up my mind. After trying all of them it was crystal clear to me that the Bianchi L'Una was the best for me.

Without test riding the bikes, you really don't know what you are buying and yes, you will be able to tell the difference.

Good luck!

Have you tried the Cannondale Synapse Carbon 2? If long distance and climbs are your thing, this bike is really good. :)

HT606 said:
Have you tried the Cannondale Synapse Carbon 2? If long distance and climbs are your thing, this bike is really good. :)
No, I haven't considered Cannondale at all. Must be a lingering feeling about them since the last time I bought a bike, six years ago. Back then, I didn't like their component selections for the price. I'll take a look.