Anyone Here Use Creatine?

I think that judging by some of the posts on the thread, it's clear to see that there's just a lack of knowledge surrounding supplements.

People hear the word supplement and automatically think it's a bad thing and can cause harm, but that isn't always necessarily the case.

Creatine increases your ability to perform more reps on typical weight lifting exercises like squats and presses. For example, if you could do 5 reps at 60kg, with creatine you would likely be able to do 6 or 7 with the same rate of perceived exhaustion.

The problem with cycling is that it is a continuous, endurance event for which creatine doesn't give you much of an edge. It will actually cramp you up most likely because it draws fluid out of the extra cellular space and into the cells. This is why people on creatine get that bloated, puffy look!

I tend to just aim for more amino acids. Longer days = more calories = more aminos...body works in ratios. I used to take creatine all the time, but I'm supp free now and loving it.

Yeah, supplement free with a healthy diet is probably the best way to go with cycling if possible. I don't take any supplements unless prescribed by a doctor, so creatine is out for me. It would be useless for cycling anyway. Last thing I need is bloat as well.

I was using it several times and it is a good thing actually. It helped a lot but you need to know how you use it. You shouldn't be using it for long period of time. You have to follow the instructions closely and this is because creatinine is being made in our body and creatine is just a creatinine made in a laboratory. Creatinine is essential to our body but if you intake more creatine than you should your brain is going to reduce the pdoduction of creatinine and then when you stop using creatine you will have problems. It is very important to read the instructions and never use too much.

I was using it several times and it is a good thing actually. It helped a lot but you need to know how you use it. You shouldn't be using it for long period of time. You have to follow the instructions closely and this is because creatinine is being made in our body and creatine is just a creatinine made in a laboratory. Creatinine is essential to our body but if you intake more creatine than you should your brain is going to reduce the pdoduction of creatinine and then when you stop using creatine you will have problems. It is very important to read the instructions and never use too much.

Yes, but it doesn't have any advantage for cycling. It is fine for weights and strength training, but doesn't do much for cycling which is primarily a cardio activity.

Creatine is one of the few supplements that actually do work. My genetics just doesn't allow me to put on muscle no matter how much or heavy I lift. I gained the most muscle mass while taking creatine. Despite the gains, I had to stop because it was just bloating me up. It's great if you want to put on some muscle mass, not sure it's too helpful for cycling though.

Creatine is one of the few supplements that actually do work. My genetics just doesn't allow me to put on muscle no matter how much or heavy I lift. I gained the most muscle mass while taking creatine. Despite the gains, I had to stop because it was just bloating me up. It's great if you want to put on some muscle mass, not sure it's too helpful for cycling though.

Yeah, that is just it. Cycling is mostly cardio. Creatine doesn't have any benefit for a cyclist. I'm not sure why anybody would even think it would help in cycling, because it c;clearly won't

My husband uses Creatine from GNC. I'm not sure of the name but he swears by it. He has been picking up weight because he was struggling with gaining weight before he started working out and using creatine.

My husband uses Creatine from GNC. I'm not sure of the name but he swears by it. He has been picking up weight because he was struggling with gaining weight before he started working out and using creatine.
Not sure how that relates to cycling specifically. It seems that protein is a better path to the weight gain if needed than creatine and that can be done without supplements. Creatine is useless for cycling.

I had used it before but not with cycling. It helps gain a bit of a swelling on your muscles to give you that bulk. I used the word swell because once you stop using it your muscles will slowly go back to their usual appearance. I do felt stronger though I did not know where I got that extra push back then so I guess it helped

I had used it before but not with cycling. It helps gain a bit of a swelling on your muscles to give you that bulk. I used the word swell because once you stop using it your muscles will slowly go back to their usual appearance. I do felt stronger though I did not know where I got that extra push back then so I guess it helped
Yeah, but swell really is the wrong word. Swelling is fluid retention, not just a temporary gain in mass.

I've taken a lot of different products when I was going to the gym daily to lose 25 pounds and put some muscles and abs and I tried them all like mass builder, whey protein, creatine, energy boosters, amino acids, and fat burners, I can say that they all worked specially creatine, amino acids and fat burners. If you take a combination of those then you'll lose weight fast because you will have the energy to exercise and lift weights longer.

I haven't used creatine. But it does sound like people get results from using it. It really depends on the person's body and how it reacts.

Like what you said supplements are made to help people and there are right ways of taking it and also wrong ways. It all depends on your objective if you want mass, weight reduction or weight gain.

That's why vitamin supplements shouldn't be taken without any expert advice. I for one has used many some were given by my doctor and some were given by gym's nutritionist. And it really helped me in losing weight and sculpting my body.