Anyone Here Use Creatine?

Vickeree

Mar 11, 2015
Anyone here use creatine? ndIn what form? It's the only supplement I use aside from occasional specific vitamins a minerals. This is the only supplement with decades and tons of research to back it up compared with other supplements and I wanna to know if anyone here has used it long term? I mainly supplement with it on a cyclical basis..

I used to take creatine on a regular basis for cycling and lifting weights, but I haven't taken it in awhile. I didn't stop for any particular reason, though. I'd say that creatine is one of the few great supplements that isn't a load of bologna. It's a fairly affordable and highly useful supplement, especially for cyclists, as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah based on research, it is the safest and considered the father of all supplements. Now it can even be considered a nootropic based on recent studies of its cognitive enhancing effects. I don't have the links tho... I think I just heard it from one of the podcasts I listen to. Most of the other supplements' reported benefits come from studies and research that are funded by the same company that created it.

I'm not even sure what it is, though I've heard about it quite a bit. How does it affect the body?

I'm a little skeptical of any research done by the manufacturer.

Well there are decades of independent research and meta analysis on the benefits of creatine ( in creatine monohydrate form) such as enabling you to perform high intensity work, enhances recovery, muscle volumization, reduce sarcopenia (for aging people), improves bone healing and glucose tolerance and a lot more. But what's best about it is it's cheap and safe. I haven't read or heard of studies on the negative effects of creatine...

I did back in the day but I found that the side effects actually made me feel a little bit uncomfortable. I found that my body would fill a little bit off once I start using it for a long period of time. I don't understand why it was affecting me in this kind of way but it was it was making my body feel a little bit unbalanced.

I used creatine for the first time years ago. I didn't believe the hype of it all, so I had some one night, and dammit, I stayed up all night and I could not fall asleep. My mind was sharp as a knife and there was no caffeine or sugar high associated with sports drinks.

I'm a bit dubious about creatine. I guess I'm not just very well versed in what it does, so I stay away from it. In any case, if I can get my body to peak performance without any supplements then I think that's the way to go. If I have to rely on a supplement to get me pumped then I think I'm losing half the workout right there.

I use to use it before i hurt my back in a car accident. If there was anything out there that I can compare it to, it would be caffin, without the jitters and sugar overload.

Cyclists don't really need creatine. This is for body builders. It helps you pack on size and will make your muscles larger. Unless you are trying to look like Mr. Universe. Extra weight will make you slower on the bike. If you are going for size and just want to use riding as your cardio, sure than do creatine. But if you are riding for speed and doing long distance creatine is not going to work in your favor.

While I've never used it myself, I know people that have and still do, and they swear by it.

These are just regular people as well, not gym freaks or roid heads, so it must give you some advantages for normal exercise.

Definitely a product where you have to be cautious of how you use it. Personally I've grown to not use it since of a few negative reviews. Who knows though, I may just start using it in the future.

I've used creatine for a few years now. Currently I am on Animal Pump which is a pre-workout supplement with creatine in it. Most creatines rapidly bulk you up (like creatine mono-hydrate) but Animal Pump doesn't have that effect nor does it have nasty side affects. I would rate this supplement a 9 out of 10, you will notice some performance enhancements with your workouts but nothing major which is what I like.

Yeah based on research, it is the safest and considered the father of all supplements. Now it can even be considered a nootropic based on recent studies of its cognitive enhancing effects. I don't have the links tho... I think I just heard it from one of the podcasts I listen to. Most of the other supplements' reported benefits come from studies and research that are funded by the same company that created it.

Considered as the safest supplement but there's a catch. It is very harmful for people with kidney problems and hypertension. Creatine is excreated by the kidney with urine, so it will put a lot of stress if taken in excess.

It increases testosterone level so females must take in limited quantities or else it will produce secondary sexual male characters if taken for a long span of time. Nobody wants that, right?

I used creatine for the first time years ago. I didn't believe the hype of it all, so I had some one night, and dammit, I stayed up all night and I could not fall asleep. My mind was sharp as a knife and there was no caffeine or sugar high associated with sports drinks.

The other week I was chatting with an Indian woman who was telling about the high quality of technology in India. And when health was mentioned, she bragged about the herbal drops that would give you enough energy to join a marathon (her own words). According to her, energy drinks have so many chemicals that can cause cancer. There are documented proof, she said, about the cancerous growths as a side effect of those energy drinks.

The other week I was chatting with an Indian woman who was telling about the high quality of technology in India. And when health was mentioned, she bragged about the herbal drops that would give you enough energy to join a marathon (her own words). According to her, energy drinks have so many chemicals that can cause cancer. There are documented proof, she said, about the cancerous growths as a side effect of those energy drinks.

No, since this thread is about using creatine as energy drink, this post has no significance here. Creatine cannot cause any type of cancer. Do you know creatine is naturally found in our body as well? It is naturally excreted with urine. If you see kidney function test results, you will see that the value of creatine is also mentioned there.

No, since this thread is about using creatine as energy drink, this post has no significance here. Creatine cannot cause any type of cancer. Do you know creatine is naturally found in our body as well? It is naturally excreted with urine. If you see kidney function test results, you will see that the value of creatine is also mentioned there.

Oh, I'm sorry if you dislike my post. However, I couldn't delete it so it will stay there. I thought this is a forum where you can express your opinion. I didn't know that there is a restriction on the threads that you cannot segue from the main topic. Okay, I will remember that. Again, I am sorry for that lapse.

Oh, I'm sorry if you dislike my post. However, I couldn't delete it so it will stay there. I thought this is a forum where you can express your opinion. I didn't know that there is a restriction on the threads that you cannot segue from the main topic. Okay, I will remember that. Again, I am sorry for that lapse.

I never said that, you are taking that out of context.
I just said that this thread was about the use of creatine as a health supplement, and your post was about health drinks causing certain types of cancer. Since creatine cannot cause any type of cancer, your post will make certain readers who are willing to try creatine ,suspicious.

Creatine is a great supplement. It's the most widely studied and analyzed sports supplement in history. It's cheap, safe and effective. Having said that...it's more for anaerobic efforts like weight lifting. Cycling is highly aerobic and therefore creatine is not as helpful. In the gym, I can feel the benefits of creatine - not so much on the bike. I remember once or twice reading someone who said it would indeed help a cyclist - but if that's the case, you would see the pro peloton taking the stuff.

Oh, and creatine does not cause cancer...increasing test levels...hmmm...maybe barely...and no, creatine doesn't keep you up at night. It has absolutely 0 stimulant properties.

Creatine probably wont do any harm. It likely wont help any either. Cycling is an aerobic activity. I just don't see how you could benefit from it with cycling. I wouldn't waste the money on it.