Anyone Here Use Ucan

I haven't heard of it before now. From what I have seen after Googling it, it energizes you without turning on insulin receptors. Is that all there is to it or is there more? I might try it. Of course, taste is important to me and I'm not sure if it's benefits would be worth an awful taste. Also, is it expensive? I can't afford fancy energy drinks.

I think it is wonderful to try out such a energy drink. And even I have never heard about it. It seems like the energy drinks that can help you at an instant.

People who have achieved ketosis, where in you use ketones from fat as fuel use this supplement because they can take in some carbohydrates during a race and still maintain the ketogenic state. If you take ordinary carbs it will usually take you out of ketosis because of the spike in insulin and causes you to switch to sugar burning mode. Ucan however releases the carbs in your blood stream in a super slow manner that it is not enough to cause an insulin spike.

I think the stamina that you get from such energy drinks is totally worth it. I do not think anything else can be as helpful as this. It is definitely useful and helpful.

I think the stamina that you get from such energy drinks is totally worth it. I do not think anything else can be as helpful as this. It is definitely useful and helpful.

I think it is overpriced modifed corn starch. I buy similar junk in bulk and generally use ketosis to enhance fat burning capability.

It sounds like an interesting concept, but it's way overpriced and probably doesn't do what it's supposed to do. I'm going to stay away from this one, although I'd love to hear what results other people have experienced with it. I'm willing to bet that it's more placebo than anything else for the average person, as are many other supplements (but not all of them, of course).

UCAN isn't really a supplement and I am pretty sure they do not put other stuff in it like Hammer does with their products. It is a carb. Processed corn starch. Think of it as an improved version of the maltodextrin that everyone uses in their energy drinks. You know the stuff that costs $40 a pound in fancy containers that can essentially be bought for $50 for a 50 pound bag.

UCAN's claimed benefit of not impairing the insulin response like higher glycemic sugars would likely only be noticed in ultra endurance events where fat burning is so essential. Insulin turns off fat burning. So, that is why this UCAN or others might have promise to those doing long events....say more than 6 hours. It promises to allow the relatively rapid replenishment of glycogen while allowing fat oxidation to continue unimpaired. For those who do not do long events, this is a yawner.

I make my own goo that is similar in structure but do not have enough experience with it although my times are better....

http://cpsinmotion.com/blog/2014/02/25/investigating-super-starch-generation-ucan/

This is something I'm going to have to read up on, for sure. If I can drink an energy drink without getting totally dehydrated, then I'm in love. I have spent years looking for that perfect energy drink. To date, not one of them have been successful.

After reading about it you have peaked my curiosity. I'm always in favor of high levels of animal protein, and low carbohydrate diet. This is definitely something I should look into. However, it is a man made product. So I an suspicious about that. Processed and man made in my book is the same thing.

Hmmm. It has been approved for sale and use, but can anyone say that there is an longer term study on this man made concoction? Like most man processed and bottled product you need to be careful of it's long term and unseen effects.

Heated corn starch is man-made?

When rice is cooked and cooled, it crystallizes and become a resistant starch.

Does that make cooled rice man-made, too?

Weatherby said:
Heated corn starch is man-made?

When rice is cooked and cooled, it crystallizes and become a resistant starch.

Does that make cooled rice man-made, too?
Majority (95%)of the corn in the USA is GMO and unnatural food. So it is man modified foods. The only species one the planet that can successfully thrive on rice and grains is birds. By the way, they are producing genetically modified rice strains also. So read a book next time.

adfnio said:
Majority (95%)of the corn in the USA is GMO and unnatural food. So it is man modified foods. The only species one the planet that can successfully thrive on rice and grains is birds. By the way, they are producing genetically modified rice strains also. So read a book next time.
Majority of the foods that we consume is gentically modified or has GMO ingredients in it. Even the foods that have been prepared are made and cured with cancerous oils made in a laboratory.