Anyone in Perth want in on a Probikekit order?

Travis

Guest
I'm about to buy a couple of things from Probikekit.com, anyone in
Perth want in and we can split the shipping fee?

Travis

Travis wrote:

> I'm about to buy a couple of things from Probikekit.com, anyone in
> Perth want in and we can split the shipping fee?
>
> Travis

Sounds a good idea. I need a spare folding tyre and am interested in one of
those helmet LED thingos + possibly some cork bar tape. If you are still
keen, how do you want to organise it?

Also, has anyone here bought sunglasses from probikekit.com ?

Cheers,

Vince

'Xmas presents'

On Nov 28, 11:42 pm, Vincent Patrick <[email protected]> wrote:
> Travis wrote:
> > I'm about to buy a couple of things from Probikekit.com, anyone in
> > Perth want in and we can split the shipping fee?

> > TravisSounds a good idea. I need a spare folding tyre and am interested in one of

> those helmet LED thingos + possibly some cork bar tape. If you are still
> keen, how do you want to organise it?
>
> Also, has anyone here bought sunglasses from probikekit.com ?

I only want to order a couple of things, bar tape, rim tape, a bike
bell with a compass in it, a few other bits and pieces. Nothing heavy.
Its all stuff I could ride somewhere to pick up on a long bike ride
just for the heck of it, or maybe you ride to see me. Depends on who
has the most and heaviest stuff.

I'm in Thornlie, work in Winthrop. Where are you?

Travis

Vincent Patrick wrote:
> Travis wrote:
>
> > I'm about to buy a couple of things from Probikekit.com, anyone in
> > Perth want in and we can split the shipping fee?
> >
> > Travis

> Sounds a good idea. I need a spare folding tyre and am interested in one of
> those helmet LED thingos + possibly some cork bar tape. If you are still
> keen, how do you want to organise it?
>
> Also, has anyone here bought sunglasses from probikekit.com ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Vince
>
> 'Xmas presents'

Some Brissie riders were enthusing the other day about the $50 PBK
sunnies cf Rudy Projects for $350. They don't match it in the swank
stakes but they were saying they work well enough. I got some
multi-lens Serfas locally for $60 that do fine. My mate buys Bolle
safety glasses for $10 - he's scottish and likes them so much he would
probably pay $12.50 a pair!

Donga

Vincent Patrick said:
Travis wrote:

Also, has anyone here bought sunglasses from probikekit.com ?

'Xmas presents'
I got some multi lens Kuoto glasses from them for around $35 on special IIRC. They were great - until I lost them. Now I have 4 sets of lenses and nothing to hold them with. :mad:

> Vincent Patrick Wrote:
> > Travis wrote:
> >
> > Also, has anyone here bought sunglasses from probikekit.com ?

I bought a pair of Prorace sunnies (5 interchangeable lenses, yada
yada) for just over $30 a while ago.

Very, very happy with them. I'll let the other Brisvegans pipe in with
sledges about how they actually look - but I like them.... *grins*

Cheers,
Abby

Absent Husband wrote:
>> Vincent Patrick Wrote:
>>> Travis wrote:
>>>
>>> Also, has anyone here bought sunglasses from probikekit.com ?
>>>

> I bought a pair of Prorace sunnies (5 interchangeable lenses, yada
> yada) for just over $30 a while ago.
>
> Very, very happy with them. I'll let the other Brisvegans pipe in with
> sledges about how they actually look - but I like them.... *grins*
>
> Cheers,
> Abby

I bought them too and very happy with them. Low light lens for winter
commuting and the darkest ones for summer commuting.

DaveB

Travis wrote:

> On Nov 28, 11:42 pm, Vincent Patrick <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Travis wrote:
>> > I'm about to buy a couple of things from Probikekit.com, anyone in
>> > Perth want in and we can split the shipping fee?

>> > TravisSounds a good idea. I need a spare folding tyre and am
>> > interested in one of

>> those helmet LED thingos + possibly some cork bar tape. If you are still
>> keen, how do you want to organise it?
>>
>> Also, has anyone here bought sunglasses from probikekit.com ?

> I only want to order a couple of things, bar tape, rim tape, a bike
> bell with a compass in it, a few other bits and pieces. Nothing heavy.
> Its all stuff I could ride somewhere to pick up on a long bike ride
> just for the heck of it, or maybe you ride to see me. Depends on who
> has the most and heaviest stuff.
>
> I'm in Thornlie, work in Winthrop. Where are you?
>
> Travis

The stuff I was thinking of getting is all reasonably light too - the
largest items being two folding tyres, which easily fit into a backpack.
I'm in Duncraig, and work in Malaga. (Yes, the other end of the earth to
you.) Perhaps we could go half way and meet in South Perth?

I'm happy to place the order for both of us, or you can if you prefer to get
the goods immediately. If you email me directly at [email protected], we can
arrange the order.

Cheers,

Vince

Donga said:
Some Brissie riders were enthusing the other day about the $50 PBK
sunnies cf Rudy Projects for $350. They don't match it in the swank
stakes but they were saying they work well enough. I got some
multi-lens Serfas locally for $60 that do fine. My mate buys Bolle
safety glasses for $10 - he's scottish and likes them so much he would
probably pay $12.50 a pair!

Donga
donga... where does your friend get his bolle safety glasses from? i had a pair for 4 years and stopped wearing them a few months ago when the lenses got terribly scratched. super comfy! can you find out where to get them? id like a pair for uni lab and a pair for work.
and maybe a pair for riding too ;)

MalP wrote:
> Vincent Patrick Wrote:
> > Travis wrote:
> >
> > Also, has anyone here bought sunglasses from probikekit.com ?
> >
> > 'Xmas presents'

> I got some multi lens Kuoto glasses from them for around $35 on special
> IIRC. They were great - until I lost them. Now I have 4 sets of lenses
> and nothing to hold them with. :mad:
>

> --
> MalP

I rate the Kuotas as well, as I havent lost them yet, well put
together, easy to use and keep clean and the mirrored lens is good for
'race face' posing at the Time Trial photo ops.

Vincent Patrick wrote:
> Travis wrote:
>

>>I'm about to buy a couple of things from Probikekit.com, anyone in
>>Perth want in and we can split the shipping fee?
>>
>>Travis

> Sounds a good idea. I need a spare folding tyre and am interested in one of
> those helmet LED thingos + possibly some cork bar tape. If you are still
> keen, how do you want to organise it?
>
> Also, has anyone here bought sunglasses from probikekit.com ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Vince
>
> 'Xmas presents'

I bought a set of the Kuota five-lens glasses which have been very good.
My only critisism (and it's a major on in my view) is the writing on the
lens (Kuota is written along the bottom) gets in the way of my
peripheral vision. I could get it off with my fingernail on the mirror
lenses but not the others.

DeF.

--
e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

DeF wrote:
> Vincent Patrick wrote:
> > Travis wrote:
> >

> >>I'm about to buy a couple of things from Probikekit.com, anyone in
> >>Perth want in and we can split the shipping fee?
> >>
> >>Travis

> > Sounds a good idea. I need a spare folding tyre and am interested in one of
> > those helmet LED thingos + possibly some cork bar tape. If you are still
> > keen, how do you want to organise it?
> >
> > Also, has anyone here bought sunglasses from probikekit.com ?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Vince
> >
> > 'Xmas presents'
> >

> I bought a set of the Kuota five-lens glasses which have been very good.
> My only critisism (and it's a major on in my view) is the writing on the
> lens (Kuota is written along the bottom) gets in the way of my
> peripheral vision. I could get it off with my fingernail on the mirror
> lenses but not the others.
>
> DeF.
>
> --
> e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
> To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

To use the lyrics of PJ Harvey - "Rub til it bleeds"

gumby wrote:

> DeF wrote:
>> Vincent Patrick wrote:

>> > Sounds a good idea. I need a spare folding tyre and am interested in
>> > one of
>> > those helmet LED thingos + possibly some cork bar tape. If you are
>> > still keen, how do you want to organise it?
>> >
>> > Also, has anyone here bought sunglasses from probikekit.com ?
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> >
>> > Vince
>> >
>> > 'Xmas presents'
>> >

>> I bought a set of the Kuota five-lens glasses which have been very good.
>> My only critisism (and it's a major on in my view) is the writing on the
>> lens (Kuota is written along the bottom) gets in the way of my
>> peripheral vision. I could get it off with my fingernail on the mirror
>> lenses but not the others.
>>
>> DeF.
>>
>> --
>> e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
>> To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

> To use the lyrics of PJ Harvey - "Rub til it bleeds"

Thanks to all you guys for your helpful comments. I've ordered the Kuotas.

Cheers,

Vince

Vincent Patrick said:
gumby wrote:

> DeF wrote:
>> Vincent Patrick wrote:

>> > Sounds a good idea. I need a spare folding tyre and am interested in
>> > one of
>> > those helmet LED thingos + possibly some cork bar tape. If you are
>> > still keen, how do you want to organise it?
>> >
>> > Also, has anyone here bought sunglasses from probikekit.com ?
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> >
>> > Vince
>> >
>> > 'Xmas presents'
>> >

>> I bought a set of the Kuota five-lens glasses which have been very good.
>> My only critisism (and it's a major on in my view) is the writing on the
>> lens (Kuota is written along the bottom) gets in the way of my
>> peripheral vision. I could get it off with my fingernail on the mirror
>> lenses but not the others.
>>
>> DeF.
>>
>> --
>> e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
>> To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

> To use the lyrics of PJ Harvey - "Rub til it bleeds"

Thanks to all you guys for your helpful comments. I've ordered the Kuotas.

Cheers,

Vince

Clever ploy, buy the glasses, then you have to get the matching bike!

Adam 'My Kuota Kharma ate your Pinarello Dogma' 85

adam85 wrote:

> Vincent Patrick Wrote:
>> gumby wrote:

>> in

>> in

>> are

>> good.

>> the

>> mirror

>> > To use the lyrics of PJ Harvey - "Rub til it bleeds"

>> Thanks to all you guys for your helpful comments. I've ordered the
>> Kuotas.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Vince

> Clever ploy, buy the glasses, then you have to get the matching bike!
>
> Adam 'My Kuota Kharma ate your Pinarello Dogma' 85

Hey, I already spent way too much in that order!

That's a worry, too. Are you trying to say the glasses won't fit my extreme
anti-trendy image? I'll have to get a 'bent and wear an overcoat and
sandles to compensate.

Cheers,

Vince

Vincent Patrick said:
adam85 wrote:

> Vincent Patrick Wrote:
>> gumby wrote:

>> in

>> in

>> are

>> good.

>> the

>> mirror

>> > To use the lyrics of PJ Harvey - "Rub til it bleeds"

>> Thanks to all you guys for your helpful comments. I've ordered the
>> Kuotas.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Vince

> Clever ploy, buy the glasses, then you have to get the matching bike!
>
> Adam 'My Kuota Kharma ate your Pinarello Dogma' 85

Hey, I already spent way too much in that order!

That's a worry, too. Are you trying to say the glasses won't fit my extreme
anti-trendy image? I'll have to get a 'bent and wear an overcoat and
sandles to compensate.

Cheers,

Vince
anti-trendy is the new trendy isnt it??

byron27 wrote:

> Vincent Patrick Wrote:
>> adam85 wrote:
>> >
>> > Clever ploy, buy the glasses, then you have to get the matching bike!
>> >
>> > Adam 'My Kuota Kharma ate your Pinarello Dogma' 85

>> Hey, I already spent way too much in that order!
>>
>> That's a worry, too. Are you trying to say the glasses won't fit my
>> extreme anti-trendy image? I'll have to get a 'bent and wear an
>> overcoat and sandles to compensate.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Vince

> anti-trendy is the new trendy isnt it??

He he he. Hope the glasses fit.

Cheers,

Vince

'Anything but the sandals'

Travis wrote:

> I'm about to buy a couple of things from Probikekit.com, anyone in
> Perth want in and we can split the shipping fee?
>
> Travis

Wow, they are fast. The order arrived today - a week to get stuff from the
UK is pretty impressive.

Oh yeah, and I really like the new sunnies!

Cheers,

Vince