anyone interested in this

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by greyhairedguy, Oct 19, 2004.

  1. Tags:

  2. DigitalDave

    DigitalDave Guest

    forrestunifreak wrote:
    > *not paticulary. *

    I guess you speak for all of us ...?
    (IMO that's a rude response also)

    If thats the original tire, it will need replacement after some use.
    (you wont find a white wall)
    If that tire is actually holding pressure with no cracks, you should
    spend some time and use and SOS pad on the whitewall.
    (it will make it whiter)

    Anyway ,,, you should clean the dust off.
    (the chrome will have a nice shine ... mine does)

    I'm curious as to what is hanging in the middle of the hub...?
    (maybe a mileage meter ...?)

    I also think, it could be good for parts.
    (cotter pins appear to be good, but can never tell from a photo)

    I know that seat post is desirable.

    --
    DigitalDave - scabless

    'nf7-s ~ xp2400mobile'
    (http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=21988)
    '19,748 3dm01' (http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8191641)

    DigitalDave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8003

  3. DigitalDave

    DigitalDave Guest

  4. johnfoss

    johnfoss Guest

    DigitalDave wrote:
    > *There ARE whitewalls available for the 20". *

    Yes, but they might not be any newer than the on on there. Those tires
    were last produced around 1980 or earlier (the whitewalls). $100 is a
    little steep for a cottered Schwinn. If there were more collectors out
    there, then the value of old unicycles would go up!

    Also a better subect line would say something about a 20" Schwinn for
    sale.

    --
    johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

    John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

    "It's good to find something that makes boys into men and men into boys,
    my opinion is that unicycling fits the bill." -- Lloyd Johnson

    "Read the rules!"
    'IUF Rulebook' (http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/rulebook/)
    'USA Rulebook' (http://www.unicycling.org/usa/competition/)

  5. gasmaster

    gasmaster Guest

  6. mikepenton

    mikepenton Guest

    True white whitewalls are being made. My 20" 'Bogglefinger' made in
    Tawian uni came with one & that was bought new in June.
    If anyone wants to know the manufacturer I'll take a look later.

    --
    mikepenton - sometimes level
    mikepenton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7090

  7. pdc

    pdc Guest

  8. DigitalDave

    DigitalDave Guest

    mikepenton wrote:
    > *True white whitewalls are being made. My 20" 'Bogglefinger' made in
    > Tawian uni came with one & that was bought new in June.
    > If anyone wants to know the manufacturer I'll take a look later. *

    They have to fit a 20" S-7 type rim ...

    That's why they are hard to find.

    --
    DigitalDave - scabless

    'nf7-s ~ xp2400mobile'
    (http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=21988)
    '19,748 3dm01' (http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8191641)

    DigitalDave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8003

  9. total uni

    total uni Guest

  10. wayne

    wayne Guest

    on the topic of whitewalls (and off the topic from the original post)

    - I just saw a 20" maxis hookwork with a whitewall - a cool look on a
    cool tyre. The older ones had an orange wall.

    Wayne.

    --
    wayne - O---( >-]-O U.P.D.
    wayne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5276