Anyone know a group for cured meats?

Jason Molinari

Guest
Hey anyone know a group which talks about cured meat products? Like salami, pancetta etc. etc.?

thanks jason

jason molinari wrote:

> Hey anyone know a group which talks about cured meat products? Like salami, pancetta etc. etc.?
>
> thanks jason

I think <rec.food.preserving> is probably the best, but the subject doesn't come up very often.

Best regards, Bob

jason molinari wrote:

> Hey anyone know a group which talks about cured meat products? Like salami, pancetta etc. etc.?

The best place I know of is the sausage email list. Here's the help info.

--- Administrative commands for the sausage list ---

I can handle administrative requests automatically. Please do not send them to the list address!
Instead, send your message to the correct command address:

<[email protected]>

To remove your address from the list, send a message to: <[email protected]>

Send mail to the following for info and FAQ for this list: <[email protected]> <sausage-
[email protected]>

Similar addresses exist for the digest list: <[email protected]> <sausage-digest-
[email protected]>

To get messages 123 through 145 (a maximum of 100 per request), mail: <sausage-
[email protected]>

To get an index with subject and author for messages 123-456 , mail: <sausage-
[email protected]>

They are always returned as sets of 100, max 2000 per request, so you'll actually get 100-499.

To receive all messages with the same subject as message 12345, send an empty message to: <sausage-
[email protected]>

The messages do not really need to be empty, but I will ignore their content. Only the ADDRESS you
send to is important.

You can start a subscription for an alternate address, for example "[email protected]", just add a
hyphen and your address (with '=' instead of '@') after the command word: <sausage-subscribe-
[email protected]>

To stop subscription for this address, mail: <[email protected]>

In both cases, I'll send a confirmation message to that address. When you receive it, simply reply
to it to complete your subscription.

If despite following these instructions, you do not get the desired results, please contact my owner
at [email protected]. Please be patient, my owner is a lot slower than I am

jason molinari <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hey anyone know a group which talks about cured meat products? Like salami, pancetta etc. etc.?

Feel free to raise that topic on this newsgroup. If you want a newsgroup that's specific to that,
probably the closest group is rec.food.preserving

The Sausage Ring might be a place to start:

http://home.att.net/~g.m.fowler/frame/index.htm

There's a Molinari company that makes dried salami in the San Francisco area - must be a
family thing.

----
Louis Cohen Living la vida loca at N37° 43' 7.9" W122° 8' 42.8"

"jason molinari" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hey anyone know a group which talks about cured meat products? Like salami, pancetta etc. etc.?
>
> thanks jason

On 8 Feb 2004 20:35:48 -0800, [email protected] (jason
molinari) wrote:

>Hey anyone know a group which talks about cured meat products? Like salami, pancetta etc. etc.?

Hrpmf. Any true 'Molinari' should be spelling it 'salame'.

Try rec.food.preserving and alt.food.barbecue.

-sw

> Hrpmf. Any true 'Molinari' should be spelling it 'salame'.
>
> Try rec.food.preserving and alt.food.barbecue.
>
> -sw

You are in fact correct, if i wanted to make only 1 salame, but i want to make many therefore
salami, the plural of salame. I am as true a molinari as you can get, having grown up in italy for
19 of my 25 years. :)

jason

"Louis Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> The Sausage Ring might be a place to start:
>
> http://home.att.net/~g.m.fowler/frame/index.htm
>
> There's a Molinari company that makes dried salami in the San Francisco area - must be a
> family thing.

All of the Molinaris on my family are still in Italy, so the SF ones are unrelated...as far as i
know:) jason

On 9 Feb 2004 05:15:05 -0800, [email protected] (jason
molinari) wrote:

>> Hrpmf. Any true 'Molinari' should be spelling it 'salame'.
>>
>> Try rec.food.preserving and alt.food.barbecue.
>>

>You are in fact correct, if i wanted to make only 1 salame, but i want to make many therefore
>salami, the plural of salame.

Ah, yes - then why didn't you pluralize pancetta, then? :)

Englishs-speakers don't ever distinguish between the singular and plural of salame - multiple salami
are salamis.

-sw

jason molinari wrote:

> "Louis Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > There's a Molinari company that makes dried salami in the San Francisco area - must be a family
> > thing.

> All of the Molinaris on my family are still in Italy, so the SF ones are unrelated...as far as
> i know:)

So ... you can't claim the Staten Island ones, either?

nancy

> Ah, yes - then why didn't you pluralize pancetta, then? :)
>
> Englishs-speakers don't ever distinguish between the singular and plural of salame - multiple
> salami are salamis.
>
> -sw

Ok ok:) I want to make salami, pancette, coppe, bresaole, salsiccie, and deifnitely guanciali.

jason

> So ... you can't claim the Staten Island ones, either?
>
> nancy

Nope