Anyone know a suitable & cheap replacement for RedRum?

Me

Guest
Hi, is it possible to buy a generic versionof RockShox's RedRum Oil from a motorcycle place or
something?

I'm just looking to buy a bit more than what comes in the standard bottle.

What should I ask for?

cheers

"Me" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> Hi, is it possible to buy a generic versionof RockShox's
RedRum Oil from a
> motorcycle place or something?
>
> I'm just looking to buy a bit more than what comes in the
standard bottle.

> What should I ask for?

Just ask for fork oil in the correct "weight" (wt) or viscosity. I think RS forks use 7wt, but I'm
not positive...

Matt O.

Me wrote:

> Hi, is it possible to buy a generic versionof RockShox's RedRum Oil from a motorcycle place or
> something?
>
> I'm just looking to buy a bit more than what comes in the standard bottle.
>
> What should I ask for?

Fork oil. <G>

Barry

"Me" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi, is it possible to buy a generic versionof RockShox's RedRum Oil from a motorcycle place or
> something?
>
> I'm just looking to buy a bit more than what comes in the standard bottle.
>
> What should I ask for?
>
> cheers

Because RedRum wasn't available yet I was told by RS service on my '99 SID that 15wt motorcycle fork
oil would work. And it does. (The oil that is, the fork still sucked!)

Mike

"Me" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi, is it possible to buy a generic versionof RockShox's RedRum Oil from a motorcycle place or
> something?
>
> I'm just looking to buy a bit more than what comes in the standard bottle.
>
> What should I ask for?
>
> cheers

Spectro fork oil - no seal swellers, just good, clean, hard working fork oil. 15wt, I believe. I got
it at my local dirt moto shop, and it was definitely both cheaper and a larger container than any of
the "bicycle fork oils". Same thing, if not better.

Jon Bond

>> Hi, is it possible to buy a generic versionof RockShox's
>RedRum Oil from a
>> motorcycle place or something?
>>
>> I'm just looking to buy a bit more than what comes in the
>standard bottle.
>>
>> What should I ask for?

Manitou suggests using "40 wt. synthetic gear oil" for the same application. I just use 40 wt. motor
oil. This is for air chamber o-ring lubrication, not to be confused with the 5 - 15 weight fork oil
in the damping system.