Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Anyone know if they make handlebars like this?

Started by Bweber · · Last activity · 4 posts · 552 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
3 September 2010
Last activity
4 September 2010
Original author
Bweber
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
552
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm looking for a set of road cycling handlebars where the horns don't come down exactly perpendicular to the ground, but rather flare out a bit. I'm having trouble with my wrists which don't like to bend at odd angles and I'm thinking that horns that flare out at about 30 degrees would be perfect, but I've never run across anything like that.

    If anyone knows of anything let me know. Thanks,

    Ben

  2. There are randonneur bars which have the drops slightly flared outward. There are moustache bars. You could also try northroad bars installed upside down.

    I don't know if any of these options are available in modern clamp sizes.

  3. Thanks Garage Sale,

    I took a look at the randonneurs. They may be perfect.

    Ben

  4. Bweber said:

    I'm looking for a set of road cycling handlebars where the horns don't come down exactly perpendicular to the ground, but rather flare out a bit. I'm having trouble with my wrists which don't like to bend at odd angles and I'm thinking that horns that flare out at about 30 degrees would be perfect, but I've never run across anything like that.

    If anyone knows of anything let me know. Thanks,

    Ben

    I just saw a photo and read an ad for handlebar exactly as you describe. They say they are great if you stand and are in the drops and your wrist hits the bar. Great for sprinters with the same problem. These are a new product and I am frustrated because I cannot find the article or ad. I think it was in Cycle Sport America. They're out there...somewhere and better than some touring stuff.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.