Anyone know if they make handlebars like this?

Bweber

Jul 5, 2010
I'm looking for a set of road cycling handlebars where the horns don't come down exactly perpendicular to the ground, but rather flare out a bit. I'm having trouble with my wrists which don't like to bend at odd angles and I'm thinking that horns that flare out at about 30 degrees would be perfect, but I've never run across anything like that.

If anyone knows of anything let me know. Thanks,

Ben

There are randonneur bars which have the drops slightly flared outward. There are moustache bars. You could also try northroad bars installed upside down.

I don't know if any of these options are available in modern clamp sizes.

Thanks Garage Sale,

I took a look at the randonneurs. They may be perfect.

Ben

Bweber said:
I'm looking for a set of road cycling handlebars where the horns don't come down exactly perpendicular to the ground, but rather flare out a bit. I'm having trouble with my wrists which don't like to bend at odd angles and I'm thinking that horns that flare out at about 30 degrees would be perfect, but I've never run across anything like that.

If anyone knows of anything let me know. Thanks,

Ben

I just saw a photo and read an ad for handlebar exactly as you describe. They say they are great if you stand and are in the drops and your wrist hits the bar. Great for sprinters with the same problem. These are a new product and I am frustrated because I cannot find the article or ad. I think it was in Cycle Sport America. They're out there...somewhere and better than some touring stuff.