Anyone know of a carbon fork...

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Joe Brady, Mar 24, 2003.

  1. Joe Brady

    Joe Brady Guest

    I have one of Cannondale's road frames (from the early 90s?) with a 1
    1/4 head tube. They sold these with a alu fork and I'd like to keep my fillings so am looking to
    replace it with a 1 1/4 carbon fork. Anyone know where I might find a carbon fork this size?
    Thank you!

    Joe

    Tags:

  2. Garry N

    Garry N Guest

    Joe, there are adapter cups available that will allow you to use a 11/8" headset and fork in your
    frame. Have your LBS look it up in the Quality catalog. Garry

  3. In article <[email protected]>, Joe Brady <[email protected]> wrote:
    >I have one of Cannondale's road frames (from the early 90s?) with a 1
    >1/4 head tube. They sold these with a alu fork and I'd like to keep my fillings so am looking to
    > replace it with a 1 1/4 carbon fork. Anyone know where I might find a carbon fork this size?
    > Thank you!

    I wonder if the Chris King Devolution headset will work in that frame. You might ask them or a
    dealer to find out for you. If so then that would let you use a 1-1/8" fork which is really the best
    solution. It will maximize choice and opportunity to find good fork deals.

    Alternately you could ask a C'dale dealer what the fork replacement options are from the mfr.

    --Paul

  4. David Newman

    David Newman Guest

  5. Nick Payne

    Nick Payne Guest

    Or for a cheaper solution, get a pair of headtube reducers that press into the headtube to allow you
    to use any 1-1/8" headset.

    Nick

    "Paul Southworth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:WF%fa.33889$A%[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>, Joe Brady <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >I have one of Cannondale's road frames (from the early 90s?) with a 1
    > >1/4 head tube. They sold these with a alu fork and I'd like to keep my fillings so am looking to
    > > replace it with a 1 1/4 carbon fork. Anyone know where I might find a carbon fork this size?
    > > Thank you!
    >
    > I wonder if the Chris King Devolution headset will work in that frame. You might ask them or a
    > dealer to find out for you. If so then that would let you use a 1-1/8" fork which is really the
    > best solution. It will maximize choice and opportunity to find good fork deals.

  6. B. Sanders

    B. Sanders Guest

    "Nick Payne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Or for a cheaper solution, get a pair of headtube reducers that press into the headtube to allow
    > you to use any 1-1/8" headset.

    I've used the 1 1/4" to 1 1/8" headset reducer inserts. They work great! No creaking, headset fit
    perfectly. No problems at all, and saved me a ton of time and money searching for a 1 1/4 fork
    (basically non-existent these days).

    That's your solution. QBP has them in their catalog. Not sure of the mfr's name (was it
    Wheels Mfr'ing?)

    -Barry