Anyone know of a carbon fork...

Joe Brady

Guest
I have one of Cannondale's road frames (from the early 90s?) with a 1
1/4 head tube. They sold these with a alu fork and I'd like to keep my fillings so am looking to
replace it with a 1 1/4 carbon fork. Anyone know where I might find a carbon fork this size?
Thank you!

Joe

Joe, there are adapter cups available that will allow you to use a 11/8" headset and fork in your
frame. Have your LBS look it up in the Quality catalog. Garry

In article <[email protected]>, Joe Brady <[email protected]> wrote:
>I have one of Cannondale's road frames (from the early 90s?) with a 1
>1/4 head tube. They sold these with a alu fork and I'd like to keep my fillings so am looking to
> replace it with a 1 1/4 carbon fork. Anyone know where I might find a carbon fork this size?
> Thank you!

I wonder if the Chris King Devolution headset will work in that frame. You might ask them or a
dealer to find out for you. If so then that would let you use a 1-1/8" fork which is really the best
solution. It will maximize choice and opportunity to find good fork deals.

Alternately you could ask a C'dale dealer what the fork replacement options are from the mfr.

--Paul

Or for a cheaper solution, get a pair of headtube reducers that press into the headtube to allow you
to use any 1-1/8" headset.

Nick

"Paul Southworth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:WF%fa.33889$A%[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Joe Brady <[email protected]> wrote:
> >I have one of Cannondale's road frames (from the early 90s?) with a 1
> >1/4 head tube. They sold these with a alu fork and I'd like to keep my fillings so am looking to
> > replace it with a 1 1/4 carbon fork. Anyone know where I might find a carbon fork this size?
> > Thank you!
>
> I wonder if the Chris King Devolution headset will work in that frame. You might ask them or a
> dealer to find out for you. If so then that would let you use a 1-1/8" fork which is really the
> best solution. It will maximize choice and opportunity to find good fork deals.

"Nick Payne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Or for a cheaper solution, get a pair of headtube reducers that press into the headtube to allow
> you to use any 1-1/8" headset.

I've used the 1 1/4" to 1 1/8" headset reducer inserts. They work great! No creaking, headset fit
perfectly. No problems at all, and saved me a ton of time and money searching for a 1 1/4 fork
(basically non-existent these days).

That's your solution. QBP has them in their catalog. Not sure of the mfr's name (was it
Wheels Mfr'ing?)

-Barry