Anyone know of a good cheap Torque Wrench in the UK? XTR cranks - tightening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Me

Hi, I have a 02 xtr crank, with a 02 xtr bb.

I need to buy a torque wrench as I dont have one. Anyone know of a good cheap one in the UK? Can I
get one under £30?

What should I torque the crank up to?

Also, so I dont keep sounding like an idiot? What is the unit measurement that I should refer to?
ft/pounds? or something metric or will they all say the same thing on them?

cheers,

"Me" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi, I have a 02 xtr crank, with a 02 xtr bb.
>
> I need to buy a torque wrench as I dont have one. Anyone know of a good cheap one in the UK? Can I
> get one under £30?
>
> What should I torque the crank up to?
>
> Also, so I dont keep sounding like an idiot? What is the unit measurement that I should refer to?
> ft/pounds? or something metric or will they all
say
> the same thing on them?
>
>
> cheers,
>
>

Unfortunatly "good" torque wrenches are not cheap. I have no doubt you can probably buy a torque
wrench for £30 or less but whether its any good is unlikly IMO. Tool merchants or an engineers
supplies are the places to go and in my experience they will give you good advice. All manufactures
will calibrate tools in imperial (ft/lb) and metric (Nm) If you cannot get to one of the above try
http://www.primetools.co.uk you will have to judge prices for yourself.. Torque specs should be on
the Shimano instructions sheet for the bottombracket or cranks.Quite alot but not all of these are
available on the Shimano site.

Roger

ITM also sells a nice one... not cheap. Covers torque range of most parts except cranks & BB's

"Me" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi, I have a 02 xtr crank, with a 02 xtr bb.
>
> I need to buy a torque wrench as I dont have one. Anyone know of a good cheap one in the UK? Can I
> get one under £30?
>
> What should I torque the crank up to?
>
> Also, so I dont keep sounding like an idiot? What is the unit measurement that I should refer to?
> ft/pounds? or something metric or will they all
say
> the same thing on them?
>
>
> cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.