anyone know of a kickstand that works with a burley bent?

Steve Knight

Guest
their kickstand mount requires you to remove the quick release to get the wheel
off it would be nice to not have to do this. plus it is a bit in the way with
the trailer adaptor.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes

Steve Knight wrote:

>their kickstand mount requires you to remove the quick release to get the wheel
>off it would be nice to not have to do this. plus it is a bit in the way with
>the trailer adaptor.

You get use to taking the whole wheel apart to change the tire

>You get use to taking the whole wheel apart to change the tire

you might be right there. I found removing the chain made it far easier to get
the wheel back on. so the quick release may get in the way too.

--

Steve Knight wrote:
> their kickstand mount requires you to remove the quick release to get the wheel
> off it would be nice to not have to do this. plus it is a bit in the way with
> the trailer adaptor.

I've never found removing the quick release to be much of a problem, but I
have not tried a trailer adapter.

Catuion, the Burley KS adapter is a bit of junk, it will work-harden in the
bend and fail after not too many months. Get one from Hostle Shoppe, although
it costs nX more, where X is considerably less than Infinity, it lasts lots
longer and is much better constructed, not a piece of sheet metal.

>Catuion, the Burley KS adapter is a bit of junk, it will work-harden in the
>bend and fail after not too many months. Get one from Hostle Shoppe, although
>it costs nX more, where X is considerably less than Infinity, it lasts lots
>longer and is much better constructed, not a piece of sheet metal.

I have come to the same conclusion. it is pretty flimsy for 16.00 hell I could
have made one with a vise and a hammer and my drill press. maybe I will. get a
fellow to weld a triangle piece onto it for me.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes

>Catuion, the Burley KS adapter is a bit of junk, it will work-harden in the
>bend and fail after not too many months. Get one from Hostle Shoppe, although
>it costs nX more, where X is considerably less than Infinity, it lasts lots
>longer and is much better constructed, not a piece of sheet metal.

I had a friend weld a bar between the top and bottom of the bracket. that will
take care of the crappy build. hell the paint had all come off and I only had it
a month.
took care of the bike moving on the stand.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes