Anyone know of where to get a Syringe? (Seriously!)

Hi guys, any idea what the conversion between ml and cc is?

My rock shox manual says I need a 100cc oil in one leg, but some of the syringes I've seen
are in ml.

Am I right in thinking 1 ml is equal to 1 cc?

cheers

"(Pete Cresswell)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> RE/
> >http://www.tongs.com/shop/index.php?GrID=40&PrID=46
> >
> >I just ordered a couple to use in changing the oil in my Rohloff Speedhub, and received them very
> >promptly.
>
> Also, Thomas at Rohloff USA will sell you a 50 ml syringe for about $2.50.
> -----------------------
> PeteCresswell

>>I just ordered a couple to use in changing the oil in my Rohloff Speedhub, and received them very
>>promptly.

I had similar trouble locating syringes when I started refilling my inkjet printer cartridges. I
simply could not buy them locally. I ended up buying 100 or so from a diabetic friend.

Doug

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 06:44:01 +0100, "Me" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi guys, any idea what the conversion between ml and cc is?
>
>My rock shox manual says I need a 100cc oil in one leg, but some of the syringes I've seen
>are in ml.
>
>Am I right in thinking 1 ml is equal to 1 cc?

Yes.

One milliliter is 1/1000 of a liter. A cc is a cubic centimeter. A liter is 10 cm, cubed,
or 1000 cc.

Jasper

One of the mechanics at the bike shop I used to work at had a plastic syringe. It looked like a
regular syringe, except that the tip was not metal, it was part of the body of the syringe and was a
tapered plastic tube like the tip of a squeeze bottle (except longer).

He used it to inject grease into cartridge bearings. Worked great. Any body know what I'm referring
to and where to find them? I believe his was called "Mono-ject"

"Chris Zacho "The Wheelman"" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> One of the mechanics at the bike shop I used to work at had a plastic syringe. It looked like a
> regular syringe, except that the tip was not metal, it was part of the body of the syringe and was
> a tapered plastic tube like the tip of a squeeze bottle (except longer).
>
> He used it to inject grease into cartridge bearings. Worked great. Any body know what I'm
> referring to and where to find them? I believe his was called "Mono-ject"

Mono-ject is a major brand name of medical syringes.

-N

In article <[email protected]>, Chris Zacho "The Wheelman"
<[email protected]> wrote:
>One of the mechanics at the bike shop I used to work at had a plastic syringe. It looked like a
>regular syringe, except that the tip was not metal, it was part of the body of the syringe and was
>a tapered plastic tube like the tip of a squeeze bottle (except longer).
>
>He used it to inject grease into cartridge bearings. Worked great. Any body know what I'm referring
>to and where to find them? I believe his was called "Mono-ject"

Dentists and oral surgeons dispense that type for flushing your gums... such pleasant memories.

x-no-archive:yes

> > One of the mechanics at the bike shop I used to work at had a plastic syringe. It looked like a
> > regular syringe, except that the tip was not metal, it was part of the body of the syringe and
> > was a tapered plastic tube like the tip of a squeeze bottle (except longer).
> >
> > He used it to inject grease into cartridge bearings. Worked great. Any body know what I'm
> > referring to and where to find them? I believe his was called "Mono-ject"

Try a veterinary supply place. Our local "Feed and Seed" store sells them. Farmers regularly treat
their own animals (for example, with oral worming doses) and vaccinate them for various problems.

Pat

http://www.smallparts.com has a large selection.