Anyone know the diameter of 700x37 tires?

Joe West

Sep 17, 2004
Hi,

The bike I am ordering is coming with Continental Top Touring 700x37 tires. I am trying to program a computer (before the bike arrives) and I need to know the rolling diameter of the tire inflated to normal pressure.

I looked on Google and couldn't find any links to tire diameters.

Does anyone either know the diameter or can anyone provide a link which might help provide me the data I need to program my computer?

Kind Regards,

Joe West

Joe West said:
Hi,

The bike I am ordering is coming with Continental Top Touring 700x37 tires. I am trying to program a computer (before the bike arrives) and I need to know the rolling diameter of the tire inflated to normal pressure.

I looked on Google and couldn't find any links to tire diameters.

Does anyone either know the diameter or can anyone provide a link which might help provide me the data I need to program my computer?
Circumference is going to be in the neighborhood of 2175mm, but a tire of that size is going to vary a fair amount depending on the rider weight as well as pressure.

Thanks.

That will give me a good starting point. I appreciate the help.

Joe West

Joe West said:
Thanks.

That will give me a good starting point. I appreciate the help.

Joe West
I usually mark the tyre, mark the floor, roll the wheel until the tyre mark has made 1 complete revelusion then messure the distance the wheel has travelled.

but i guess you don't have the wheel or bike yet to try this? :rolleyes:

hehe... indeed you are correct. No bike yet; just trying to get everything ready while I'm waiting.

Joe

closesupport said:
I usually mark the tyre, mark the floor, roll the wheel until the tyre mark has made 1 complete revelusion then messure the distance the wheel has travelled.

but i guess you don't have the wheel or bike yet to try this? :rolleyes:

Joe West said:
hehe... indeed you are correct. No bike yet; just trying to get everything ready while I'm waiting.

Joe
i'd be inclined to wait until it gets there, how long does it take to program a bike computer 10minutes plus installation..

surely if you've waited so long you can wait extra 10minutes. since you'll have to fit it anyhow, at leaste you'll know it was right :)

Mr. West, If you really want to be accurate, then hop on the bike with the appropriate tire pressure and then measure 1 complete revolution. Your body weight can slightly change the shape of the tire. It's probably not enough to fool with but for someone who is an engineer you may have a need to be as accurate as hell.

Have someone help you with the chalk mark. Then measure that distance from the middle of one chalk mark to the middle of the other.