Anyone know the Shore?

Steve Sakamoto

Guest
Does anybody here know Vancouver's North Shore?

Steve Sakamoto wrote:
> Does anybody here know Vancouver's North Shore?

Met him once, he's a great guy. Kinda strange name though....

Jon Bond

"Steve Sakamoto" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> Does anybody here know Vancouver's North Shore?

Hmm.....know...*what*? Know *of* it? know *where* is? Know the trails? Know a video? Know
a web site?

ps

Steve Sakamoto wrote:

> Does anybody here know Vancouver's North Shore?

I can find it on a map.

Barry

I was just curious if there was any Vancouver representation here, that's all.

I've read quite a few comments that lead me to believe that knuckle-dragging, baggy shorters like me
are the minority...so I was curious to see if there were any Wet Coast residents online.

Steve Sakamoto wrote:
> I've read quite a few comments that lead me to believe that knuckle-dragging, baggy shorters like
> me are the minority

I think you just described 95% of the posters here. The other 5% are female.

Penny

"Steve Sakamoto" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Does anybody here know Vancouver's North Shore?

I might recognize it if you could humm a few bars. How's it start?

Paladin Remember boys and girls, real men (and women) don't buy upgrades, they ride up grades.

In article <[email protected]>, "Steve Sakamoto"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> > Hmm.....know...*what*? Know *of* it? know *where* is? Know the trails? Know a video? Know a web
> > site?

> I was just curious if there was any Vancouver representation here, that's all.
>
> I've read quite a few comments that lead me to believe that knuckle-dragging, baggy shorters like
> me are the minority...so I was curious to see if there were any Wet Coast residents online.

I've ridden on Mt. Fromme, so technically yes, but I'm clipped-in road-bike-owning XC scum.

That said, if you're just looking for someone to ride with, and you don't mind XC riding, you could
do worse than the North Shore Mountain Bike association's Toonie Races. For freeriding, it's so
prevalent you might as well just knock on your neighbour's doors and ask "do you own a Norco VPS?"

You should meet someone before you get to the end of your block.

I'd go riding with you, but my Achilles tendon has me off my bike for a couple of weeks.

THE NORTH SHORE IS THE MOST EXTREME FREERIDING HAVEN IN THE WORLD!! I WOULD NOT TRADE THE RIDING
STYLE FOR ANYTHING!!HARDTAILS NEED NOT APPLY!! BUY A BIG SQUISH BIG OR LIVE (OR MAYBE ) NOT THE
CONSEQUENCES!! ASK ME ANYTHING ABOUT IT GUYS!! I LIVE IN VAN. AND RIDE FROMME,SEYMORE, CYPRIS AND
VARIOUS OTHER MOUNTAINS!!

CANADIANICON "Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Steve Sakamoto" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Does anybody here know Vancouver's North Shore?
>
> I might recognize it if you could humm a few bars. How's it start?
>
> Paladin Remember boys and girls, real men (and women) don't buy upgrades, they ride up grades.

"Canadian Icon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> THE NORTH SHORE IS THE MOST EXTREME FREERIDING HAVEN IN THE WORLD!! I
WOULD
> NOT TRADE THE RIDING STYLE FOR ANYTHING!!HARDTAILS NEED NOT APPLY!! BUY A BIG SQUISH BIG OR LIVE
> (OR MAYBE ) NOT THE CONSEQUENCES!! ASK ME ANYTHING ABOUT IT GUYS!! I LIVE IN VAN. AND RIDE
> FROMME,SEYMORE, CYPRIS AND VARIOUS OTHER MOUNTAINS!!
>
> CANADIANICON

Dude, you shred and RULE!

Bill "but how do you post living in a van?" S.

Penny S. <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Steve Sakamoto wrote:
> > I've read quite a few comments that lead me to believe that knuckle-dragging, baggy shorters
> > like me are the minority
>

> I think you just described 95% of the posters here. The other 5% are female, whiney and neurotic.

Shaun aRe

Sorni <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:%[email protected]...

> "Canadian Icon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > THE NORTH SHORE IS THE MOST EXTREME FREERIDING HAVEN IN THE WORLD!! I
> WOULD
> > NOT TRADE THE RIDING STYLE FOR ANYTHING!!HARDTAILS NEED NOT APPLY!! BUY
> > BIG SQUISH BIG OR LIVE (OR MAYBE ) NOT THE CONSEQUENCES!! ASK ME
ANYTHING
> > ABOUT IT GUYS!! I LIVE IN VAN. AND RIDE FROMME,SEYMORE, CYPRIS AND
VARIOUS
> > OTHER MOUNTAINS!!
> >
> > CANADIANICON
>

> Dude, you shred and RULE!
>
> Bill "but how do you post living in a van?" S.

He doesn't, he just opens the back of the van up and SHOUTS LIKE HELL!!!!!!!

Feckin phreak.....

Shaun aRe

"Canadian Idiot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> THE NORTH SHORE IS THE MOST EXTREME FREERIDING HAVEN IN THE WORLD!! I WOULD NOT TRADE THE RIDING
> STYLE FOR ANYTHING!!HARDTAILS NEED NOT APPLY!! BUY A BIG SQUISH BIG OR LIVE (OR MAYBE ) NOT THE
> CONSEQUENCES!! ASK ME ANYTHING ABOUT IT GUYS!! I LIVE IN VAN. AND RIDE FROMME,SEYMORE, CYPRIS AND
> VARIOUS OTHER MOUNTAINS!!
>
> CANADIANIDIOT

What are you, twelve years old? Come back in about twenty years, junior.

JD

"Canadian Icon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> THE NORTH SHORE IS THE MOST EXTREME FREERIDING HAVEN IN THE WORLD!! I
WOULD
> NOT TRADE THE RIDING STYLE FOR ANYTHING!!HARDTAILS NEED NOT APPLY!! BUY A BIG SQUISH BIG OR LIVE
> (OR MAYBE ) NOT THE CONSEQUENCES!! ASK ME ANYTHING ABOUT IT GUYS!! I LIVE IN VAN. AND RIDE
> FROMME,SEYMORE, CYPRIS AND VARIOUS OTHER MOUNTAINS!!

Can't ride a hardtail on Fromme? Can't see any problem with it except stuff like diggers rock lol.
BTW, not the most extreme freeriding in the world anymore. Been to Kamloops, Kelowna, Penticton,
Vernon, Rossland, Nelson and numerous other towns BC lately?

SB

Shaun Bell wrote:
> "Canadian Icon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> THE NORTH SHORE IS THE MOST EXTREME FREERIDING HAVEN IN THE WORLD!! I WOULD NOT TRADE THE RIDING
>> STYLE FOR ANYTHING!!HARDTAILS NEED NOT APPLY!! BUY A BIG SQUISH BIG OR LIVE (OR MAYBE ) NOT THE
>> CONSEQUENCES!! ASK ME ANYTHING ABOUT IT GUYS!! I LIVE IN VAN. AND RIDE FROMME,SEYMORE, CYPRIS AND
>> VARIOUS OTHER MOUNTAINS!!
>
> Can't ride a hardtail on Fromme? Can't see any problem with it except stuff like diggers rock lol.
> BTW, not the most extreme freeriding in the world anymore. Been to Kamloops, Kelowna, Penticton,
> Vernon, Rossland, Nelson and numerous other towns BC lately?
>
> SB

yes.

Penny

> Shaun Bell wrote:
> > "Canadian Icon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >> THE NORTH SHORE IS THE MOST EXTREME FREERIDING HAVEN IN THE WORLD!! I WOULD NOT TRADE THE
> >> RIDING STYLE FOR ANYTHING!!HARDTAILS NEED NOT APPLY!! BUY A BIG SQUISH BIG OR LIVE (OR MAYBE )
> >> NOT THE CONSEQUENCES!! ASK ME ANYTHING ABOUT IT GUYS!! I LIVE IN VAN. AND RIDE FROMME,SEYMORE,
> >> CYPRIS AND VARIOUS OTHER MOUNTAINS!!
> >
> > Can't ride a hardtail on Fromme? Can't see any problem with it except stuff like diggers rock
> > lol. BTW, not the most extreme freeriding in the world anymore. Been to Kamloops, Kelowna,
> > Penticton, Vernon, Rossland, Nelson and numerous other towns BC lately?
> >
> > SB
>
> yes.

Been to Kelowna yet?

SB

Shaun Bell wrote:
>> Shaun Bell wrote:
>>> "Canadian Icon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>> Can't ride a hardtail on Fromme? Can't see any problem with it except stuff like diggers rock
>>> lol. BTW, not the most extreme freeriding in the world anymore. Been to Kamloops, Kelowna,
>>> Penticton, Vernon, Rossland, Nelson and numerous other towns BC lately?
>>>
>>> SB
>>
>> yes.
>
> Been to Kelowna yet?
>
> SB

Maybe this summer. Normally I'd head up that way for a ski trip but not this year.

P.