Anyone know what the pelotons average speed during San Remo was?

Roadrash Dunc said:
Winners average speed and the first bunch over the line was 40.90km/hr
Thanks road rash. That is interesting. I remember reading that this was a faster pace than last year or maybe it was just the climbs that were completed at a faster pace then in the past.

Roadrash Dunc said:
Winners average speed and the first bunch over the line was 40.90km/hr

:cool: that makes me feel better - my 1st Cat race averaged about that speed on Sunday, feel a bit better about suffering so much now! (albeit our race was 105km rather than 250+ for msr)

edit :a quick check shows it was 16 seconds slower than last year - but i did read it was the fastest finish from the start of the Poggio.
If you stopped for a **** there you probably finished 5 minutes down on the peloton! They were literally flying up and down that thing.

-nice going there rob!

Roadrash Dunc said:
edit :a quick check shows it was 16 seconds slower than last year - but i did read it was the fastest finish from the start of the Poggio.
If you stopped for a **** there you probably finished 5 minutes down on the peloton! They were literally flying up and down that thing.

-nice going there rob!

Vicioso using the brakes in the corners on the way UP was incredible.

Using the brakes on teh way up? That sounds almost a little too incredible! Can you tell me where you heard that from?

Rob nice going on the over 40km average for a 105 km race! Was that a Cat 1 or Cat 2 race?

hilljunkie said:
Using the brakes on teh way up? That sounds almost a little too incredible! Can you tell me where you heard that from?

Rob nice going on the over 40km average for a 105 km race! Was that a Cat 1 or Cat 2 race?

1/2/3, ie 1st, 2nd and 3rd cats all in together. This is under Welsh Cycling Union / British Cycling reg's so probably the categories are a bit different to the US ones. I was hanging on from the start till I got dropped 5k from the end anyway!

hilljunkie said:

cyclingnews.com live coverage.