Anyone know where to buy 32 hole road rims?

Does anyone know where I can buy some 32 hole road rims for cheap.
Nashbar has a great deal on 32H track hubs, which I'd like to build up
into a wheelset, but I can't find any 32H rims for less than $30 each.

Dan

[email protected] wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can buy some 32 hole road rims for cheap.
> Nashbar has a great deal on 32H track hubs, which I'd like to build up
> into a wheelset, but I can't find any 32H rims for less than $30 each.
>
> Dan

Duhhhh, I guess I'm missing something. In a world of an average of $60
for most road rims, $30 per is quite the good deal.

My response is ...... what do you want?

Cheap or durable.

No body is building Ferrari's and selling them for the price of Yugo's

A $30 rim doesn't have half the life of a $60 rim

Quite the contrary, a $30 rim won't stay true and generally has engineering
issues. Cheap rims are generally dressed up versions of OEM rims that are
intended to get bike on the road.

If you do not know what you are buying, do not buy blindly.

Go to a shop or speak to someone who has been building wheels professionally
for YEARS. You need informed help making this decision.

Vinny and his brother Paul building wheels in their basement should
generally be avoided, as they have limited access to stock and will usually
tell you what they sell (have access to) is the best.

Good luck, but with rims the old adage is true.....

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

Allan
15+ years in the business......... happily no more.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Does anyone know where I can buy some 32 hole road rims for cheap.
> Nashbar has a great deal on 32H track hubs, which I'd like to build up
> into a wheelset, but I can't find any 32H rims for less than $30 each.
>
> Dan

"Remove No Spam To Reply >"
<<(nospam)newsgroups(nospam)@allanoxenreiter(nospam).com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> My response is ...... what do you want?
>
> Cheap or durable.
>
> No body is building Ferrari's and selling them for the price of Yugo's
>
> A $30 rim doesn't have half the life of a $60 rim
>
> Quite the contrary, a $30 rim won't stay true and generally has
> engineering
> issues. Cheap rims are generally dressed up versions of OEM rims that are
> intended to get bike on the road.
>
> If you do not know what you are buying, do not buy blindly.
>
> Go to a shop or speak to someone who has been building wheels
> professionally
> for YEARS. You need informed help making this decision.
>
> Vinny and his brother Paul building wheels in their basement should
> generally be avoided, as they have limited access to stock and will
> usually
> tell you what they sell (have access to) is the best.
>
> Good luck, but with rims the old adage is true.....
>
> YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!
>
> Allan
> 15+ years in the business......... happily no more.

Huh? I don't get the above? The guy claims that he has worked in "the
business" for 15+ years, that means he was around when the Mavic MA2 rims
were available. Those were "$30" rims and arguably the best made by Mavic.

I recently bought a set for $27 each. Look around. Otherwise, check out
Mavic's latest offering, the MA3. Not as durable, but still not a bad buy at
$30 each.