Anyone know where to get a 102mm Campag fit bottom bracket?



P

Pete Biggs

Guest
Simon Brooke wrote:
> Any recommendations? Cheaper's better, it's for a friend's fixie.


Chorus from www.dotbike.com/Products/ProductsS1C19.aspx @ £32.50 inc post.

If there's no dirt cheap suitable BBs available it's because 102mm is only
for Chorus and Record. Lower Campag models don't offer anything shorter
than 111mm.

Is Campag JIS? If so there's also the FSA Ultimax 103mm from DotBike at
£29.95.

Season's greetings, and thanks for asking an easier question than the ones
in the jumbo crossword that have been straining my brain all evening ;-)

~PB
 
S

Simon Brooke

Guest
in message <[email protected]>, Pete Biggs
('[email protected]') wrote:

> Simon Brooke wrote:
>> Any recommendations? Cheaper's better, it's for a friend's fixie.

>
> Chorus from www.dotbike.com/Products/ProductsS1C19.aspx @ £32.50 inc
> post.
>
> If there's no dirt cheap suitable BBs available it's because 102mm is
> only
> for Chorus and Record. Lower Campag models don't offer anything
> shorter than 111mm.


Well, that's a good bit cheaper than the Pista ones he was looking at!

Thanks. I checked Centaur and saw there wasn't a 102, didn't think to
check Chorus as well.

--
[email protected] (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/

;; When your hammer is C++, everything begins to look like a thumb.
 
J

Jon is Away!

Guest
Pete Biggs wrote:
> Is Campag JIS?


No. Not unless they've recently changed! They use the ISO standard.

Jon
 
P

Pete Biggs

Guest
Jon is Away! wrote:
> Pete Biggs wrote:
>> Is Campag JIS?

>
> No. Not unless they've recently changed! They use the ISO standard.


Thanks, I'll try and remember for next time.

J = Japan, Shimano = Japan!

~PB
 
J

Jon is Away!

Guest
Pete Biggs wrote:
> Thanks, I'll try and remember for next time.
>
> J = Japan, Shimano = Japan!


I discovered it at the same time as the realisation that there were two
different "standards" for the 1" threaded headset. The 0.2mm difference
was enough to wreck a great many plans! ;-)

Jon
 
D

David Martin

Guest
Jon is Away! wrote:
> Pete Biggs wrote:
> > Thanks, I'll try and remember for next time.
> >
> > J = Japan, Shimano = Japan!

>
> I discovered it at the same time as the realisation that there were two
> different "standards" for the 1" threaded headset. The 0.2mm difference
> was enough to wreck a great many plans! ;-)


It was 0.1mm difference between English (25.4) and french (25.5) which
did for my first Stronglight headset. Having said that, because of the
design it was still usable with the bearing race sitting on the lower
fork bit with a sizeable split. When I replaced it I bought a french
sized ring and it has been fine ever since.

...d
 

Similar threads