Anyone know where to get a 102mm Campag fit bottom bracket?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Simon Brooke, Dec 25, 2005.

  1. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    Any recommendations? Cheaper's better, it's for a friend's fixie.

    ;; Woz: 'All the best people in life seem to like LINUX.'
    ;; <URL:http://www.woz.org/woz/cresponses/response03.html>

    Tags:

  2. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Simon Brooke wrote:
    > Any recommendations? Cheaper's better, it's for a friend's fixie.

    Chorus from www.dotbike.com/Products/ProductsS1C19.aspx @ £32.50 inc post.

    If there's no dirt cheap suitable BBs available it's because 102mm is only
    for Chorus and Record. Lower Campag models don't offer anything shorter
    than 111mm.

    Is Campag JIS? If so there's also the FSA Ultimax 103mm from DotBike at
    £29.95.

    Season's greetings, and thanks for asking an easier question than the ones
    in the jumbo crossword that have been straining my brain all evening ;-)

    ~PB

  3. Tom

    Tom Guest

    > Any recommendations? Cheaper's better, it's for a friend's fixie.

    Not what I'd call cheap, but Parkers and Ribble both have Chorus 102mm for
    £33.

    Tom

  4. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    in message <[email protected]>, Pete Biggs
    ('[email protected]') wrote:

    > Simon Brooke wrote:
    >> Any recommendations? Cheaper's better, it's for a friend's fixie.

    > Chorus from www.dotbike.com/Products/ProductsS1C19.aspx @ £32.50 inc
    > post.
    >
    > If there's no dirt cheap suitable BBs available it's because 102mm is
    > only
    > for Chorus and Record. Lower Campag models don't offer anything
    > shorter than 111mm.

    Well, that's a good bit cheaper than the Pista ones he was looking at!

    Thanks. I checked Centaur and saw there wasn't a 102, didn't think to
    check Chorus as well.

    ;; When your hammer is C++, everything begins to look like a thumb.

  5. Jon is Away!

    Jon is Away! Guest

    Pete Biggs wrote:
    > Is Campag JIS?

    No. Not unless they've recently changed! They use the ISO standard.

    Jon

  6. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Jon is Away! wrote:
    > Pete Biggs wrote:
    >> Is Campag JIS?

    > No. Not unless they've recently changed! They use the ISO standard.

    Thanks, I'll try and remember for next time.

    J = Japan, Shimano = Japan!

    ~PB

  7. Jon is Away!

    Jon is Away! Guest

    Pete Biggs wrote:
    > Thanks, I'll try and remember for next time.
    >
    > J = Japan, Shimano = Japan!

    I discovered it at the same time as the realisation that there were two
    different "standards" for the 1" threaded headset. The 0.2mm difference
    was enough to wreck a great many plans! ;-)

    Jon

  8. David Martin

    David Martin Guest

    Jon is Away! wrote:
    > Pete Biggs wrote:
    > > Thanks, I'll try and remember for next time.
    > >
    > > J = Japan, Shimano = Japan!

    > I discovered it at the same time as the realisation that there were two
    > different "standards" for the 1" threaded headset. The 0.2mm difference
    > was enough to wreck a great many plans! ;-)

    It was 0.1mm difference between English (25.4) and french (25.5) which
    did for my first Stronglight headset. Having said that, because of the
    design it was still usable with the bearing race sitting on the lower
    fork bit with a sizeable split. When I replaced it I bought a french
    sized ring and it has been fine ever since.

    ...d