anyone know???

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Nigel Heels, Aug 22, 2003.

  1. Nigel Heels

    Nigel Heels Guest

    I just bought a pair of STI shifters for my oversized (2 inches) Cannondale Mad River frame... I am
    upgrading from the downtube shifters to the STI's. However, when I brought them in to get installed,
    they said they did not carry the Collar Cable Housing Stoppers for the 2 inch frame.. I guess it is
    a mechanism that stops the cable from moving while I am shifting...So it clamps around my frame...
    anyone know what this is about or how I can overcome it??? the ship said they didn't carry the 2
    inch style.. so anyone know where I can buy one quickly? I live in Canada.. which may be a
    problem... HELP!!!!!!!!

    Tags:

  2. Peter B

    Peter B Guest

    "Nigel Heels" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I just bought a pair of STI shifters for my oversized (2 inches)
    Cannondale
    > Mad River frame... I am upgrading from the downtube shifters to the STI's.

    IIRC during the transition period of DT shifters as standard to STIs there used to be cable stops
    that fitted to the DT shifter lugs then commonly in use. Unfortunately I don't know who sells them.

    Pete

  3. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Peter B wrote:
    > "Nigel Heels" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> I just bought a pair of STI shifters for my oversized (2 inches) Cannondale Mad River frame... I
    >> am upgrading from the downtube shifters to the STI's.
    >
    > IIRC during the transition period of DT shifters as standard to STIs there used to be cable
    > stops that fitted to the DT shifter lugs then commonly in use. Unfortunately I don't know who
    > sells them.

    They're still commonly available separately and also still supplied with Ergos/STIs - but I presume
    Nigel's frame has no braze-on bosses and was using some kind of clip-on shifters instead. I don't
    know of any clip-on stops for such an oversized frame.

    If that's not the case then the bike shop should know about the stops and be able to make them fit
    if there was any slight compatibility problem.

    ~PB