Anyone Notice More Energy After Supplementing With Omega Fatty Acids?

Discussion in 'Health Nutrition and Supplements' started by Nonn, May 24, 2015.

1. Nonn

Nonn New Member

I started taking 1-2 tbsp refrigerated flax seed oil a while back and it's feels like it's given my brain something it's been lacking for years. The brain can't produce these fatty acids on their own so we have to get it from external sources.

Tags:
    nonicenevecs86 likes this.

2. Dora M

Dora M Member

I've taken flax seed oil for a number of years now, and the main change that I have noticed is in my digestion and appearance of my skin. I used to suffer from a lot of stomach upsets in the past, but since I take a tablespoon of flax seed oil in the mornings, that's all gone. Obviously, it didn't happen immediately, but after a few months of regularly taking the oil. Also my dry skin is a thing of the past. The flax seed oil lubricates it from the inside out. It's good to know that it helps my brain as well. I definitely need that with my job. :)

3. Nonn

Nonn New Member

Actually now that you mention it, my skin is a lot more oily. I didn't even realize this up until now but I used to have dry skin and it's gone now.

4. gavinfree

gavinfree Member

I've never taken flax seed oil in regular quantities, so I don't know one way or the other. That is an interesting development, though. I'd have to do more research and try taking it for a few weeks to make a personal decision on the manner. I'm glad to hear that it has shown some benefits for you, though!

5. joshposh

joshposh Banned

I usually take it in pill form, but I just researched your method with flax seed oil. Seems like a good option and it might be cheaper then the pills.

6. Nonn

Nonn New Member

The pills lose some of their efficacy because they don't stay refrigerated and the oxidation changes the composition. It's also good to store the refrigerated stuff in a dark place in your fridge, because sunlight alters it too.

7. 9lines

9lines Member

I do use it daily and I never realised any difference. But I like fatty acids because they keep my body healthy. One can not go cycling while having colds. Fatty acids improve ones blood circulation. This makes one always ready for cycling.

8. Bonzer

Bonzer New Member

Flax seed is definitely good, but cod liver oil has more potent omega-3 fatty acids and is available in soft gel form. I use it regularly and it's good for cardiac health. Yes, your body cannot produce omega 3 fatty acids and you need external supplementation. Since I can't eat fish(I'm a vegetarian), I pop in the soft gels and swallow them.

Mackerels and Salmon have plenty of Omega-3 fatty acids. Flax seed is a plant source, though. You can also use Olive oil for the same.

9. Vickeree

Vickeree Member

I've used omega 3 and sometimes cod liver oil. I still use them for health, just about the only supplement I use but I saint really feel any drastic or noticeable effect... I just might try flax seed oil now that toyve mentioned it.

Vickeree likes this.