Anyone own a Felt F55? Any opinions about Felts?

SF_Vitus

Sep 20, 2004
Am in the market for a new bike. Checked out Felts yesterday, and was charmed by the F55. Test rode it, and it was like riding a cloud. I just glided up the hills. For $2000 it comes with a Shimano DA drivetrain, Velomax wheels, and the frame is Felt's superlite alloy & carbon fiber. Would love to hear any opinions or comments from Felt riders out there. Thanks! Cheers from San Francisco!

Hi,
I purchased an F55 in December 04 after long research and debate (mostly between the last two; Cervelo Soloist w/Ultegra & the F55). I decided on the Felt for the componenet package. The new DA is really sweet and it would have only been a matter of time until I wanted to upgrade parts on the Cervelo. This translates into long term savings. Also, I enjoy long rides, so the carbon seatstays had an advantage. The Felt rides like you said, "on a cloud". Quick, nimble, and light.I had a huge crush on the Cervelo, but have been SO happy with the Felt. The big weaknesses w/ the stock F55 are the seatpost ( was recalled and replaced by now everywhere I hope), the handlebar, and the brakes. The bar is el cheapo, but functions. The brakes are extreme **** and will actually **** you off quick if you appreciate the ability to stop as a key ingerdient in your brake systems resume. To this end, I replaced my seatpost w/ a Bontrager Race X Lite, the bars w/ an FSA K-Wing, and the brakes w/ 7800 DA. This bike is sweet. I have been riding it for four months now and LOVE it. IMHO, the VeloMax wheels are nice. This is a great bike, and w/ the component package at the 2k price point, it is a no brainer. Subtle cool points also for a unique ride. These are still sort of rare and attracts a few looks. I dont care much about that, but the ride is so nice. Hope this helps- R

Thanks for your response. In the end, I settled on a Litespeed Firenze. I love the titanium frame and the smooth ride. It is all Ultegra, which is fine as I think DA is just a little more bike than I need. Even though is costs a little more than the Felt, I thought it had a more durable frame. Happy riding!