Anyone purchased a bike from Bikesdirect?

dasminkar

Jul 2, 2006
I was forwarded to bikesdirect by a friend of a friend. They seem to have really good prices and some really top of the line components. I would be looking at purchasing one of the 105 or Ultegra road bikes. They run about $700-$1200. Is there a gimmick? I would hate to drop that much money on a bike that falls apart or doesn't function properly. I'm new to road bikes but would like to get something fairly nice.

I've been test riding LeMond, Trek 1500, Allez Sport Triple, Giant OCR. And my favorite ride so far is the Specialized Allez Sport triple.

dasminkar said:
I was forwarded to bikesdirect by a friend of a friend. They seem to have really good prices and some really top of the line components. I would be looking at purchasing one of the 105 or Ultegra road bikes. They run about $700-$1200. Is there a gimmick? I would hate to drop that much money on a bike that falls apart or doesn't function properly. I'm new to road bikes but would like to get something fairly nice.

I've been test riding LeMond, Trek 1500, Allez Sport Triple, Giant OCR. And my favorite ride so far is the Specialized Allez Sport triple.
Purchased a Motobecane Mirage from Bikesdirect and had a smooth transaction and was satisfied with the product. No troubles at all.

Hi Das, there are some good threads on bikedirect on this forum....I've been reading them too...just use the search feature above, bikesdirect. most of the opinions are favorable. Might of looked into them had i known about them before i purchased my Trek 1500 (which i love now). Next time maybe.