Anyone recommend a camera bag that can carried easily whilst cycling

Terry

Guest
I want to be able to carry a 35mm camera with medium sized lens, however I want to be able to ride
as well. I am thinking of a carridice seat post attaching one but wondered if anyone has any ideas?

--

---
"I hardly think a nation that eats frogs and would go to bed with the kitchen sink if it put on a

"Terry" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I want to be able to carry a 35mm camera with medium sized lens, however I want to be able to
> ride as well. I am thinking of a carridice seat post attaching one but wondered if anyone has
> any ideas?

I use a Peli case. Check http://www.nervouscyclist.org/Carrier.htm

Tim

--
Sent from Brum, UK... ...scheduled completion Sept 2003 'What's keeping the White House white? Is it
chalk, is it fog, is it fear?' Steve Skaith, 'America For Beginners' Look, mum, an anorak on a bike!

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 19:42:07 +0000 (UTC), "Terry" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I want to be able to carry a 35mm camera with medium sized lens, however I want to be able to ride
>as well. I am thinking of a carridice seat post attaching one but wondered if anyone has any ideas?

I use a, bugger memory's gone, ah got it, medium warthog from CCS on a waist belt. Works for me.
Other times a compact camera in my jersey pocket.

Tim

Terry <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I want to be able to carry a 35mm camera with medium sized lens, however I want to be able to
> ride as well. I am thinking of a carridice seat post attaching one but wondered if anyone has
> any ideas?

I have used a CCS Snowflake case attached directly to the handlebars with reusable zip-ties - this
case has 2 plastic D-rings on the top for this. The Snowflake has an elasticated hood instead of the
normal velcro flap for keeping out snow etc. I would guess that the normal CCS cases also have the
D-rings. I use STI with long-ish cables, and had no problems - they just pushed down a bit.

Andrew

"Terry" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I want to be able to carry a 35mm camera with medium sized lens, however I want to be able to
> ride as well. I am thinking of a carridice seat post attaching one but wondered if anyone has
> any ideas?
>
> --
>

> ---
> "I hardly think a nation that eats frogs and would go to bed with the kitchen sink if it put on a
> tutu is in any position to preach couthness" Blackadder III

http://www.morrisphoto.co.uk/

http://www.lowepro.com/index.htm

Peter.

"Terry" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I want to be able to carry a 35mm camera with medium sized lens, however I want to be able to
> ride as well. I am thinking of a carridice seat post attaching one but wondered if anyone has
> any ideas?

I'd advise attaching the camera to yourself and not the bike as it will be subjected to much less
vibration that way. I use a LowePro bum-bag style camera bag[1] that straps around my waist. It
comes with two detachable pockets that can hold extra lenses (a bulky Canon 75-300mm just about
fits), film, batteries etc.

[1] Like the one shown here: http://www.lowepro.com/pages/series/trekking/oftrail1.htm

Mat

"Matthew Myatt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Terry" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I want to be able to carry a 35mm camera with medium sized lens, however
> > want to be able to ride as well. I am thinking of a carridice seat post attaching one but
> > wondered if anyone has any ideas?
> >

> I'd advise attaching the camera to yourself and not the bike as it will be subjected to much less
> vibration that way. I use a LowePro bum-bag style camera bag[1] that straps around my waist. It
> comes with two detachable pockets that can hold extra lenses (a bulky Canon 75-300mm just about
fits),
> film, batteries etc.
>
> [1] Like the one shown here: http://www.lowepro.com/pages/series/trekking/oftrail1.htm
>
> Mat

That looks ideal, it's the size I want (300mm lens) and will sit on my lower back as opposed to a
handlebar bag or small rucksack!

--

---
This is the worst moment of my entire life. I've spent my last penny on a cat-skin windcheater, I've

Computers and cameras belong attached to the body alone to avoid vibration. I recently discovered a
technique by chance.

While ***** packs/bum packs are great, I have never found one that is completely water proof.
Nothing kills a camera or computer quicker than water.

A couple of weeks ago I wore my small retangular narrow pack that accommodates a hydration tube
and bladder (long since removed) but instead of wearing in externally, I wore it under my
Gortex Jacket but over my shell. While these packs are someone resistance to precipitation,
worn under my Gortex jacket, it stay dry regardless of contents. Although too small for a
laptop, it would easily carry a camera. Although the back of my jackt has a bit of a strange
contour, it does the job - and in the rain who care what you look like! It is now standard fair
on wet days.