Anyone ridden an INEXA C1?

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by db69, May 5, 2006.

1. db69

db69 New Member

Posted this under new bike advice, no response. [​IMG]

Has anyone had any experience with INEXA C1 full lugged carbon frame + forks
    Ultegra group.
    Looking around the 3k range of serious to semi-serious road bikes for 300km +
    weekly commute in Perth area.
    It looks good and feels light (approx 8Kg complete)
    Just want some feedback on ride quality or is there better?

I've got time to shop around as I'm still in negotiations with the bank manager ie. lovely wife[​IMG]

Cheers, DB [​IMG]

Tags:

2. sideshow_bob

sideshow_bob New Member

While I haven't riden the Inexia, I'm sure it's a nice bike. My comment is the quality of the bike for commuting. Probably I say this is a race level bike or a high end training bike.

My experince is I commute around 300k a week on a Cannondale MTB and it takes a beating. Riding in the rain, being moved and bumped in the office, riding over potholes in the dark etc etc and accordingly I've had a lot of parts fail on it, which is fine as it's purpose is as a commuter. I know my Cannondale CAAD7/Chorus race bike wouldn't stand up to the abuse.

If it was me, I'd say look for a lower end bike, 105 say and maybe a carbon rear end, carbon forks with an aluminium steerer and wheels like Mavic Pro's which are pretty tough and readily repairable. You can probably get all this for $2000 or less is you shop around.

But your $$ so whatever is going to make you happy and want to do the commute!!

--brett

3. GumbyGould

GumbyGould New Member

Yes, I have been riding a C1 for the last 2 months.
    I changed from an all carbon LOOK to get a size that better suited me.
    The C1 is very comfortable to ride, especially with the carbon seat post. Yesterday I made a point of staying seated as we rode over the occasional metal plate or grid and moderate pot-hole on the road to see what it felt like and it was surprisingly smooth. I would have always got off the saddle on my LOOK.
    I am a club rider who does long distance and climbing events and despite the lower cost compared to the Look, am very happy with the bike It is equipped with 10 speed Ultegra and Ksyrium wheels.
    Cheers
    Gumby

4. db69

db69 New Member

Thanks for the input. Am concerned about the durability of the carbon frame over an aluminium frame regarding the quality of some of the roads and paths.
    Now looking at the BMC streetfire SSX.

Cheers, DB

5. sideshow_bob

sideshow_bob New Member

For what it's worth Phonak rode stock Streetfires in Paris Roubaix. If they can't break them over that I think you'll be looking ok. People either love or hate the BMC frame, I'm on the 'love' side of the fence.

Having said that carbon is generally considered more durable than Al. My latest purchase is a Felt RXC Pro mountain bike which has a partial carbon rear. From the trail riding I've done it seems to be hanging in there just fine.

--brett