Anyone riding Columbus Ultrafoco/Sprit?

Jakey

Feb 7, 2004
I have an opportunity to pick up what would normally be about a $3k frame for less than 1/3 retail. Its a guerciotti built with Ultrafoco (which is now Spirit, dunno if there is really any difference in the tubes or not .5/.38/.5 wall thickness in both) with the columbus carve carbon seat stay.

Anyway... wanted to know if anyone has a similar frame, how does it ride? I've read Orbea says their similar frame is 'magical'. I currently have a steel torelli built with Columbus Nemo tubing, and I think it rides pretty damn nice... anything better, and I may just be in heaven. :)

my Cervelo Superprodigy is Ultrafoco, and while it's very, very good, and I'd buy another one if I found one, it's not magical. :) It's not super light, either; the frame is 1670g without the fork, which is only 195g lighter than my 1988 Raleigh. The Cervelo requires a 27g seat collar, where the Raleigh uses a 6g seat bolt, so, that brings the difference down to 174g. Ok, the Cervelo is noticeably stiffer, but not drastically so.

I'm pretty sure Spirit is a lighter (thinner) than Ultrafoco

Jakey said:
I have an opportunity to pick up what would normally be about a $3k frame for less than 1/3 retail. Its a guerciotti built with Ultrafoco (which is now Spirit, dunno if there is really any difference in the tubes or not .5/.38/.5 wall thickness in both) with the columbus carve carbon seat stay.

Anyway... wanted to know if anyone has a similar frame, how does it ride? I've read Orbea says their similar frame is 'magical'. I currently have a steel torelli built with Columbus Nemo tubing, and I think it rides pretty damn nice... anything better, and I may just be in heaven. :)

Sprit is a different alloy to Foco/UltraFoco. I personally don't like the stiffness of S3 or Spirit etc. and think Life is a better option, which would mean the G55?