Anyone riding with neck problems?

motmcd

Aug 28, 2007
Howdy, all. Anyone out there riding with cervical spine fusions? I had c5-T1 ACDF 11 years ago, and will be having C3-C5 fused in February. That's going to further restrict my range of motion, particularly looking up and down. What's it going to be like riding the road bike with restricted ability to lift head for forward view? Anyone? Advanced thanks for the input. Peace.

Hey all, first post and i'm getting back into riding but need a bit of help. I'm looking to get a used sport bike, but am concerned with me having back problems. Is there a more comfortable sport bike that anyone can suggest? Like i said though, i'm getting back into riding from a 20 year hiatus and then i was on a Harley mostly but seemed to gravitate toward the CBR 600F at the time. I'm not afraid and know how much power these bikes really have so if you guys can help with a few selections it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Go to a good bike shop and let them measure you and set you up on a bike. They'll know proper stem length, handle bar width, etc. to use. It'll make a difference in comfort level when riding. You may be aware already, but, there isn't much worse than trying to put miles in on a bike that isn't set up properly.

Billy - Suggest you post your inquiry on a motorcycling forum. This is a bicycling forum.

You know...road bike (bicycle ridden on roads) vs mountain bike (bicycle ridden on trails). I'm asking does anyone have cervical fusions, and what the restricted motion trying to keep you head up in eyes forward position.

motmcd said:
You know...road bike (bicycle ridden on roads) vs mountain bike (bicycle ridden on trails). I'm asking does anyone have cervical fusions, and what the restricted motion trying to keep you head up in eyes forward position.

You might have to be patient. I think it's likely that the portion of the cycling population with cervical fusions is small.