Anyone see the cycling movie last night?

Treadly

New Member
Jan 11, 2006
Anyone watch the movie on the ABC last night about a group of cycle tourists? There was a bit of racing, a stolen bike and pretty girls. Ok, so it was four in the morning and in black and white but there must be other insomniacs out there somewhere. It's no use the ABC putting cycling on TV if no one watches it is it!

Treadly

Treadly wrote:
> Anyone watch the movie on the ABC last night about a group of cycle
> tourists? There was a bit of racing, a stolen bike and pretty girls.
> Ok, so it was four in the morning and in black and white but there must
> be other insomniacs out there somewhere. It's no use the ABC putting
> cycling on TV if no one watches it is it!

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/guide/netw/200606/programs/ZZ1758A001D12062006T043000.htm
"a boy, a girl and a bike"

No, didn't see it, sorry :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0041203/

On 2006-06-12, Bleve (aka Bruce)

> Treadly wrote:
>> Anyone watch the movie on the ABC last night about a group of cycle
>> tourists? There was a bit of racing, a stolen bike and pretty girls.
>> Ok, so it was four in the morning and in black and white but there must
>> be other insomniacs out there somewhere. It's no use the ABC putting
>> cycling on TV if no one watches it is it!

> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0041203/

Movie to bring to the next Hotham climb?

--
TimC
Jun 26 14:08:17 kernel: troll-o-meter (pid 15134) killed: memory exhausted

TimC wrote:
> On 2006-06-12, Bleve (aka Bruce)
> >
> > Treadly wrote:
> >> Anyone watch the movie on the ABC last night about a group of cycle
> >> tourists? There was a bit of racing, a stolen bike and pretty girls.
> >> Ok, so it was four in the morning and in black and white but there must
> >> be other insomniacs out there somewhere. It's no use the ABC putting
> >> cycling on TV if no one watches it is it!

> > http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0041203/

> Movie to bring to the next Hotham climb?

If the Llama wants to find it somewhere, sure, we'll play it :)

Does this mean you want to come on it? Last time there was 2 crashes on
the descent to Harrietville :)

On 2006-06-12, Bleve (aka Bruce)

> TimC wrote:
>> On 2006-06-12, Bleve (aka Bruce)
>> was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
>> > http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0041203/

>> Movie to bring to the next Hotham climb?

> If the Llama wants to find it somewhere, sure, we'll play it :)
>
> Does this mean you want to come on it? Last time there was 2 crashes on
> the descent to Harrietville :)

I'm going to have to go one day. When I have money and the weather
doesn't suck. Oh yeah, and if I haven't moved from the state by then.

I fear the former and the latter are mutually exclusive.

--
TimC
You must realize that the computer has it in for you. The irrefutable

TimC wrote:
> On 2006-06-12, Bleve (aka Bruce)
> >
> > TimC wrote:
> >> On 2006-06-12, Bleve (aka Bruce)
> >> was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
> >>
> >> Movie to bring to the next Hotham climb?

> > If the Llama wants to find it somewhere, sure, we'll play it :)
> >
> > Does this mean you want to come on it? Last time there was 2 crashes on
> > the descent to Harrietville :)

> I'm going to have to go one day. When I have money and the weather
> doesn't suck. Oh yeah, and if I haven't moved from the state by then.

I have to be careful here, but it is -very- cheap, and we organise
carpooling. Talk to GPL or Jaywoo, they've been and know the chop.

Treadly said:
Anyone watch the movie on the ABC last night about a group of cycle tourists? There was a bit of racing, a stolen bike and pretty girls. Ok, so it was four in the morning and in black and white but there must be other insomniacs out there somewhere. It's no use the ABC putting cycling on TV if no one watches it is it!

I think I have seen that movie on ABC before..... set in England ? great action shots while they are riding along, the kid that steals the bike and they chase him and then the exhilirating race at the end of the movie, where 1 of them gets arrested ? Wasn't a bad movie actually... considering when it was made.