Anyone See This? big pile up at San Diego velodrome

Many times in racing, especially track racing it is not
an accident. I have experienced this myself on the
track. I was asking if anyone was there who could
shed some light on what happened. If you ever
experience this sort of thing and end up with a
snapped cavicle, I'm sure you'll appreciate someone
saying "Accidents happen." Thank you for your incredible
insight.

news:BCD6BD85.1338C%[email protected]...

http://lists.topica.com/lists/sdvelodromeannouncements/read/message.html?mid
> > =809251698&sort=d&start=0

In article <[email protected]>, Homer
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > Any photos of that online?
> >
> > "Freddy M" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > >

> > http://lists.topica.com/lists/sdvelodromeannouncements/read/message.html?mi
> > > =809251698&sort=d&start=0
> > >

> Not of the crash, just the aftermath,
> http://www.clintonphoto.com

Why would somebody want to take all those photos of injured riders, and
even of some being loaded into the ambulance?

-WG

"Freddy M" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<%5fsc.13506$bF3.392@fed1read01>...
> Many times in racing, especially track racing it is not
> an accident. I have experienced this myself on the
> track. I was asking if anyone was there who could
> shed some light on what happened. If you ever
> experience this sort of thing and end up with a
> snapped cavicle, I'm sure you'll appreciate someone
> saying "Accidents happen." Thank you for your incredible
> insight.

Am I the only one who sees the possible connection of a "big pile up
at San Diego velodrome" and "Whitehead" both on this group at the same
time?

Doesn't the Whitehead thread say he has been racing at the SD track?

Hmmmmmmmm……….. coincidence? I cant help but think he was somehow
involved.

Max

"Maxwell Laycock" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Am I the only one who sees the possible connection of a "big pile up
> at San Diego velodrome" and "Whitehead" both on this group at the same
> time?
>
> Doesn't the Whitehead thread say he has been racing at the SD track?
>
> Hmmmmmmmm..... coincidence? I cant help but think he was somehow
> involved.
>
> Max

Whitehead intimidates through screaming and threats. He also has extremely
sharp bike handling skills. Although I haven't raced against him in about 6
or 7 years, prior to that I hadn't known of him to intentionally cause a
crash. Possibly because he's been on the losing end of a number of
bike-related fights.

warren <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<240520041819472085%[email protected]>...
> In article <[email protected]>, Homer
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > "Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> > > Any photos of that online?
> > >
> > > "Freddy M" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > >

> > > http://lists.topica.com/lists/sdvelodromeannouncements/read/message.html?mi
> > > >

> > Not of the crash, just the aftermath,
> > http://www.clintonphoto.com

> Why would somebody want to take all those photos of injured riders, and
> even of some being loaded into the ambulance?
>

> -WG

I was wondering that, too. The ambulance was a bit much.

[email protected] (WooGoogle) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> warren <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<240520041819472085%[email protected]>...
> > In article <[email protected]>, Homer
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > "Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:<[email protected]>...

> > > Not of the crash, just the aftermath,
> > > http://www.clintonphoto.com

> > Why would somebody want to take all those photos of injured riders, and
> > even of some being loaded into the ambulance?
> >

> > -WG

> I was wondering that, too. The ambulance was a bit much.

It is called photojournalism. I was right in the back of a rider who
went down right in front of me a couple of years ago. By the grace of
a higher presence, I did not go down, but the rider who did go down
was pretty messed up. Real bad cuts that resulted in lots of blood and
lots of stitches. She saw her photo on a cycling website and contacted
the photographer to get a copy of the photo. Was at a race this past
weekend where a rider went down. Just road rash and a slight "bell
ringing", but I know that he went up to one of the photographers and
asked him if he got a picture of the crash, or the aftermath.....so, I
would suppose that at least a few people are interested in these types
of photos. Just how many of you looked multiple times at the crash of
Beloki last summer?

In article <[email protected]>,
cipo_chick <[email protected]> wrote:

> [email protected] (WooGoogle) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > warren <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<240520041819472085%[email protected]>...

> > > Why would somebody want to take all those photos of injured riders, and
> > > even of some being loaded into the ambulance?
> > >

> > > -WG

> > I was wondering that, too. The ambulance was a bit much.

> It is called photojournalism.

It was far beyond that. Only a few pictures are needed to tell the
story if that is the intent.

-WG

warren wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> cipo_chick <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>> It is called photojournalism.

> It was far beyond that. Only a few pictures are needed to tell the
> story if that is the intent.

Have you ever seen Cronenberg's Crash? It's sort of like that.