Anyone See This? big pile up at San Diego velodrome

Many times in racing, especially track racing it is not an
accident. I have experienced this myself on the track. I was
asking if anyone was there who could shed some light on what
happened. If you ever experience this sort of thing and end
up with a snapped cavicle, I'm sure you'll appreciate
someone saying "Accidents happen." Thank you for your
incredible insight.

"Steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BCD6BD85.1338C%[email protected]...
> Hey........
>
> Accidents happen, thanx for the "bad" advertisement
>

> On 5/23/04 8:06 PM, in article
> GJdsc.13405$bF3.8322@fed1read01, "Freddy M"
> <[email protected]> wrote:

http://lists.topica.com/lists/sdvelodromeannouncements/read-
/message.html?mid
> > =809251698&sort=d&start=0

In article <[email protected]>, Homer
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<5uGdnTGlJcqD5SzdRVn-
> [email protected]>...
> > Any photos of that online?
> >
> > "Freddy M" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > >

> > http://lists.topica.com/lists/sdvelodromeannouncements-
> > /read/message.html?mi d
> > > =809251698&sort=d&start=0
> > >

> Not of the crash, just the aftermath,
> http://www.clintonphoto.com

Why would somebody want to take all those photos of injured
riders, and even of some being loaded into the ambulance?

-WG

"Freddy M" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<%5fsc.13506$bF3.392@fed1read01>...
> Many times in racing, especially track racing it is not an
> accident. I have experienced this myself on the track. I
> was asking if anyone was there who could shed some light
> on what happened. If you ever experience this sort of
> thing and end up with a snapped cavicle, I'm sure you'll
> appreciate someone saying "Accidents happen." Thank you
> for your incredible insight.

Am I the only one who sees the possible connection of a "big
pile up at San Diego velodrome" and "Whitehead" both on this
group at the same time?

Doesn't the Whitehead thread say he has been racing at
the SD track?

Hmmmmmmmm……….. coincidence? I cant help but think he was
somehow involved.

Max

"Maxwell Laycock" <[email protected]> wrote in
message

> Am I the only one who sees the possible connection of a
> "big pile up at San Diego velodrome" and "Whitehead" both
> on this group at the same time?
>
> Doesn't the Whitehead thread say he has been racing at the
> SD track?
>
> Hmmmmmmmm..... coincidence? I cant help but think he was
> somehow involved.
>
> Max

Whitehead intimidates through screaming and threats. He also
has extremely sharp bike handling skills. Although I haven't
raced against him in about 6 or 7 years, prior to that I
hadn't known of him to intentionally cause a crash. Possibly
because he's been on the losing end of a number of bike-
related fights.

warren <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<240520041819472085%[email protected]>...
> In article
> <[email protected]>, Homer
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > "Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<5uGdnTGlJcqD5SzdRVn-
> > [email protected]>...
> > > Any photos of that online?
> > >
> > > "Freddy M" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > >

> > > http://lists.topica.com/lists/sdvelodromeannouncemen-
> > > ts/read/message.html?mi d
> > > >

> > Not of the crash, just the aftermath,
> > http://www.clintonphoto.com
>
> Why would somebody want to take all those photos of
> injured riders, and even of some being loaded into the
> ambulance?
>

> -WG

I was wondering that, too. The ambulance was a bit much.

[email protected] (WooGoogle) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> warren <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<240520041819472085%[email protected]>...
> > In article
> > <[email protected]>, Homer
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > "Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<5uGdnTGlJcqD5SzdRVn-
> > > [email protected]>...

> > > Not of the crash, just the aftermath,
> > > http://www.clintonphoto.com
> >
> > Why would somebody want to take all those photos of
> > injured riders, and even of some being loaded into the
> > ambulance?
> >

> > -WG
>
> I was wondering that, too. The ambulance was a bit much.

It is called photojournalism. I was right in the back of a
rider who went down right in front of me a couple of years
ago. By the grace of a higher presence, I did not go down,
but the rider who did go down was pretty messed up. Real bad
cuts that resulted in lots of blood and lots of stitches.
She saw her photo on a cycling website and contacted the
photographer to get a copy of the photo. Was at a race this
past weekend where a rider went down. Just road rash and a
slight "bell ringing", but I know that he went up to one of
the photographers and asked him if he got a picture of the
crash, or the aftermath.....so, I would suppose that at
least a few people are interested in these types of photos.
Just how many of you looked multiple times at the crash of
Beloki last summer?

In article <[email protected]>,
cipo_chick <[email protected]> wrote:

> [email protected] (WooGoogle) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > warren <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<240520041819472085%[email protected]>...
> > > In article
> > > <[email protected]>,

> > > Why would somebody want to take all those photos of
> > > injured riders, and even of some being loaded into the
> > > ambulance?
> > >

> > > -WG
> >
> > I was wondering that, too. The ambulance was a bit much.
>
> It is called photojournalism.

It was far beyond that. Only a few pictures are needed to
tell the story if that is the intent.

-WG

warren wrote:
> In article
> <[email protected]>,
> cipo_chick <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>> It is called photojournalism.
>
> It was far beyond that. Only a few pictures are needed to
> tell the story if that is the intent.

Have you ever seen Cronenberg's Crash? It's sort of
like that.