Anyone seen or ridden Swobo's bikes?

TBerk

Guest
I hadn't ever heard of them (they make apparel apparently) but I was
in the local bike shop looking at the TREK Soho S and came across a
Swobo three speed with a front disk brake.

I _like_ having some speeds; the Trek was a fixed gear bike you see.
But it was nice man.

Anywho, the price point between the two was two hundred dollars, in
the Trek's favor- enough to consider buying it over the other and
retrofitting it to suit my needs.

Both bikes were strong, simple, and inky in their paint jobs. Only
thing I would wish for was instead of $200 difference, they'd actually
sell for $200.

TBerk

TBerk wrote:

> I hadn't ever heard of them (they make apparel apparently) but I was
> in the local bike shop looking at the TREK Soho S and came across a
> Swobo three speed with a front disk brake.
>
> I _like_ having some speeds; the Trek was a fixed gear bike you see.
> But it was nice man.
>
> Anywho, the price point between the two was two hundred dollars, in
> the Trek's favor- enough to consider buying it over the other and
> retrofitting it to suit my needs.

And Trek is NOT known for being less expensive than the competition.

> Both bikes were strong, simple, and inky in their paint jobs. Only
> thing I would wish for was instead of $200 difference, they'd actually
> sell for $200.

The website <http://www.swobo.com/> looks entirely to "hip", which is a
great turnoff for us practical minded people who do not give a damn
about image.

In article <[email protected]>, Tom Sherman
<[email protected]> wrote:

> The website <http://www.swobo.com/> looks entirely to "hip", which is a
> great turnoff for us practical minded people who do not give a damn
> about image.

The website might be stylish, but the bikes aren't. Those are some
kinda ugly welds.

Dan

On Apr 16, 7:25 pm, Dan Becker <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, Tom Sherman
>
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > The website <http://www.swobo.com/> looks entirely to "hip", which is a
> > great turnoff for us practical minded people who do not give a damn
> > about image.

> The website might be stylish, but the bikes aren't. Those are some
> kinda ugly welds.
>
> Dan

Yeah, the bike looks both 'practical' and at the same time it has
these shopping cart stencils on the seat cover and elsewhere.

I think because they aren't a big company they'd need to charge a bit
more but this seems like a lot for a bike.

(I know, I know.)

The welds to attract the eye, even in person. But on a black frame you
don't see them as much as hi-rez pics w/ studio lighting.

What I'm after is a good strong, low key, efficient bike. (While I'm
selling an impracticable car for a more practical one at the moment- I
spend most of my travels on a bike & transit.)

I've hybridized the Mongoose frame I found in a lot with one bent rim
and missing pieces but sometimes window shopping can drag you in.

TBerk