Anyone selling a Powertap

53x14

May 7, 2002
Anyone selling a Powertap or be able to tell me where to buy one in Australia

53x14 said:
i believe that pro motion cycles in ormond Vic (north road) has them. Not sure on the price. they are quite helpful

It would suck if you had to send your wheel to Wisconsin for servicing so make sure you have local support.

53x14 said:

Squint said:
It would suck if you had to send your wheel to Wisconsin for servicing so make sure you have local support.
It can only be serviced in Wisconsin. Sort of like Ergomo and Germany or SRM but with Germany/Colorado USA.

Woofer said:
It can only be serviced in Wisconsin. Sort of like Ergomo and Germany or SRM but with Germany/Colorado USA.
Local support for PT in Oz is pretty much non-existent. Price we pay for living in the best place on earth.;)
I had to send a faulty hub back to WN for service (in my case replacement), which meant delacing and rebuilding wheel. Freight for a whole wheel is very expensive otherwise. I've bought 2 from US and 1 from UK.

I live in Sydney and have just ordered a Powertap SL from these guys:

http://www.swimandtri.com/

US$979 plus $30 shipping... not a bad deal. should get here next week. I am going to lace it up with Sapim CX rays on a 32 hole Open Pro.

They were the cheapest I have found.. i'll let you know how smoothly everything goes

I will check Pro-Motion during the weekend or wait for dorkpants feedback. I might get a secondshand one after the Commonwealth Games. I saw the Team from Gibraltar using PowerTap on their bikes.

just an update on how my order with swimandtri.com went for my PT SL....

quite happy :)

originally the order was delayed because Saris supposedly sent a campag model, not shimano, and they had to wait for the problem to be rectified. as such it took about 10 days to ship. then a further 4 days to reach customs in sydney, where it spent about 7 days doing the paper game to sort out customs duties, GST etc etc... all up about 3 weeks to land in my hands.

and swimandtri.com threw in an extra mounting kit for free.. nice!

all up cost me about $1600 AUS after everything taken into account. took me about an hour to build the wheel and another 45 minutes to set everything up and it works like a dream. bought cyclingpeaks straight away and have done my testing to determine threshold power... couldn't be happier and i can instantly see the massive benefits to training with power.

summary - :D

53x14 said:
I will check Pro-Motion during the weekend or wait for dorkpants feedback. I might get a secondshand one after the Commonwealth Games. I saw the Team from Gibraltar using PowerTap on their bikes.
Don't worry about Pro-motion. Leon says it's better off going on-line and sourcing it yourself. I asked hiom a while back, says he can do it but you can get it cheaper on-line. Try Spoke(n) in the city. They do PT's as well as SRM.

I got mine from Wheelbuilder.com. This guy knows his stuff and builds excellent wheels. His after sales support is first class as well. Shipping is a bit of a bummer as is the import tax you get slugged with. But npot much other options unless you're heading over to the states for a holiday.

The oz PT distributor will only help you if you buy the PT from an Oz bike shop. Pretty lousy - wouldn't even answer a trouble shooting question i had. Came to this forum and got all the answers i needed...:cool: