anyone serviced a pair of shimano m959's?

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by xisle, Dec 6, 2004.

  1. xisle

    xisle New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2004
    One of my pedals doesn't spin nearly as nicely as the other one. I'd like to do something about it but I have no idea how or even if it's possible. Anyone tried or know anything about it?

    thanks

    Tags:

  2. suzyj

    suzyj New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2004
    If they're anything like my old M747's, all you need to do is unscrew the little plastic nut that holds the axle in with the little plastic tool that came with the pedals, give them a thorough scrub, then fill the hole in the pedal body with grease and bung the axle back in. The grease will be forced through the bearings and out the seal, and they'll be good as new.

    Regards,

    Suzy

  3. xisle

    xisle New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2004

    But i didn't get a little plastic tool. I've read they've got sealed bearings, if that's true, does it mean it's not possible to service them and the sealed bit just needs to be replaced?

  4. stu

    stu Guest

    little late i know, but did you get this sorted?
    if not email me and i will try and explain
    news:[email protected]