anyone serviced a pair of shimano m959's?

xisle

New Member
Feb 15, 2004
One of my pedals doesn't spin nearly as nicely as the other one. I'd like to do something about it but I have no idea how or even if it's possible. Anyone tried or know anything about it?

thanks

xisle said:
One of my pedals doesn't spin nearly as nicely as the other one. I'd like to do something about it but I have no idea how or even if it's possible. Anyone tried or know anything about it?

thanks

If they're anything like my old M747's, all you need to do is unscrew the little plastic nut that holds the axle in with the little plastic tool that came with the pedals, give them a thorough scrub, then fill the hole in the pedal body with grease and bung the axle back in. The grease will be forced through the bearings and out the seal, and they'll be good as new.

Regards,

Suzy

suzyj said:
If they're anything like my old M747's, all you need to do is unscrew the little plastic nut that holds the axle in with the little plastic tool that came with the pedals, give them a thorough scrub, then fill the hole in the pedal body with grease and bung the axle back in. The grease will be forced through the bearings and out the seal, and they'll be good as new.

Regards,

Suzy

But i didn't get a little plastic tool. I've read they've got sealed bearings, if that's true, does it mean it's not possible to service them and the sealed bit just needs to be replaced?

little late i know, but did you get this sorted?
if not email me and i will try and explain
news:[email protected]...