Anyone Taking Glukos Energy Powder?

BobCochran

May 3, 2015
Is anyone using Glukos brand energy powder? I ordered some online last night. I hope they will ship it soon.

Bob

The company took 2 days to ship a small order and they sent it out from Salt Lake City by United Parcel Service Ground. This ensures I will not get the product in time for Memorial Day. I'm annoyed, but I think the company is a startup. I'll discover whether the product is any good, and decide whether to order again.

Bob

I haven't tried glukos but a friend of mine who is also a cyclist uses the energy powder regularly. He has glukos bottles all over his place lol. He says it's like any other energy powder haha.

What's your experience been with glukos so far?

I don't yet have my shipment and won't have it till after the Memorial Day holiday.

Bob

I've heard some positive things about it, though I've never tried it myself. I'm interested to hear what you think once it arrives on your doorstep. I'm not a fan of companies that can't send orders out the next day, but it happens sometimes. Let us know when your order does arrive and you get a chance to try it out!

I got my shipment of Glukos energy powder yesterday, days after ordering it. Specifically the tropical fruit flavor. I have not yet used it while cycling because my left knee has become sore, and I'm resting it. When I resume cycling I'll report back.

I did dissolve one packet of the powder in a glass of water, and it tastes pretty good. I had a sense of fullness in my belly. A little bit of the product did not dissolve completely in that quantity of water, there were several grains of the product visible on the glass bottom. I assume that means I should have dissolved it in more water than I had used.

I'm not sure if the Glukos is any better or different from energy powders I can get in my local REI store or through Amazon.

Glukos the company has not responded in any way to the email that I sent to their customer service email address. I sent it on Sunday and so far there has not been a word from them, and I did check my email spam folder.

Amazon and REI both have great product selection and customer service. Glukos offers very long shipping times to get their product, and no customer service other than order confirmation and shipping notification emails. I will probably not order from them again.

It was an interesting experiment though.

Bob

I received a response to my email to Glukos customer service.

The responding official did not discuss why my order needed two business days to ship.

The email discussed how important United Parcel Service is to Glukos.

Bob

I usually use after exercises. It is not recommended before exercise since it contributes to muscle pains. I usually use it in water or fruit juice.