Anyone tried new Specialized shorts?

bikenorth

Jan 15, 2004
I'm wondering if anyone has tried the new 2005 Specialized Body Geometry Pro Bib shorts. They look like the pad could either be really comfortable (as my local bike shop says) or that they could be a big flop. Anyone tried em?

bikenorth said:
I'm wondering if anyone has tried the new 2005 Specialized Body Geometry Pro Bib shorts. They look like the pad could either be really comfortable (as my local bike shop says) or that they could be a big flop. Anyone tried em?
I bought a pair from Supergo. They were the most comfortable bibs I've used and look pretty nice. After my first ride I noticed the fabric starting piling on the inner thigh area right on the outside edge of the chamois. I returned them and got another pair of PI Microsensors. I have been thinking of giving them another chance, maybe I just got a bad pair. The fabric was really nice feeling and you could barely feel the straps.

OCRoadie said:
I bought a pair from Supergo. They were the most comfortable bibs I've used and look pretty nice. After my first ride I noticed the fabric starting piling on the inner thigh area right on the outside edge of the chamois. I returned them and got another pair of PI Microsensors. I have been thinking of giving them another chance, maybe I just got a bad pair. The fabric was really nice feeling and you could barely feel the straps.

Thanks for responding. I thought the chamois looked bulky. It looks like it'd push on pressure points by the way it's shaped. Was the chamois more comfortable than the PI?

bikenorth said:
Thanks for responding. I thought the chamois looked bulky. It looks like it'd push on pressure points by the way it's shaped. Was the chamois more comfortable than the PI?
It's hard to say if the chamois was more comfortable than the PI 3d chamois. I thought all around they were more comfy than the Micros. I think the chamois in the Specialized was not as bulky as the Micro's, they seemed to work well with my sit bones. I did one 80 mile ride and a second ride (can't remember distance 50-100 miles) in the Spcecialized before I returned them. After looking more closely at my micro's, I've noticed that they too have similar piling in the fabric. I have a feeling all of the shorts do that some and maybe the Specialized wouldn't have got any worse. I was just ****** to see that after dropping $150. I've been watching for them eBay.