Anyone try the Sambazon stuff (not affil.)



Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Badger_south

Guest
I've been testing out the Brazilian fruit drink from Sambazon, called 'acai', (pron. Ah-Sig-ee),
promoted as an 'energy drink'.

Anyone here tried it?

A number of pretty decent athletes promote the stuff (on their site), but it's hard to find in local
healthfood stores.

-B
 
K

Kevan Smith

Guest
On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 21:06:27 -0500, Badger_South <[email protected]> from wrote:

>I've been testing out the Brazilian fruit drink from Sambazon, called 'acai', (pron. Ah-Sig-ee),
>promoted as an 'energy drink'.
>
>Anyone here tried it?
>
>A number of pretty decent athletes promote the stuff (on their site), but it's hard to find in
>local healthfood stores.

What's in it?

--
[email protected]
Do something boring.
109
 
Z

Zoot Katz

Guest
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 00:11:08 -0600,
<[email protected]>, Kevan Smith
<[email protected]> wrote:

>What's in it?

"Anthocyanins, plant sterol and essential fatty acids."

It finds your keys and brings you your slippers, reduces your prostrate and boosts your
immune system.

Looks like just what we need for flushing out all that blue-green algae we had to eat 10 years ago.
--
zk
 
L

Luigi De Guzman

Guest
On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 23:55:01 -0800, Zoot Katz <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Mon, 16 Feb 2004 00:11:08 -0600, <[email protected]>, Kevan Smith <[email protected]
>potato.com> wrote:
>
>>What's in it?
>
>"Anthocyanins, plant sterol and essential fatty acids."
>
>It finds your keys and brings you your slippers, reduces your prostrate and boosts your
>immune system.
>
>Looks like just what we need for flushing out all that blue-green algae we had to eat 10 years ago.

Hey, algae is great. Especially when fried crisp. And enjoyed with century eggs & a bit of soy
sauce. An excellent appetizer.

-Luigi Patres ex porta Pariana parti sunt

www.livejournal.com/users/ouij Photos, Rants, Raves
 
B

Badger_south

Guest
On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 10:58:34 -0500, Luigi de Guzman <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 23:55:01 -0800, Zoot Katz <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Mon, 16 Feb 2004 00:11:08 -0600, <[email protected]>, Kevan Smith <[email protected]
>>potato.com> wrote:
>>
>>>What's in it?
>>
>>"Anthocyanins, plant sterol and essential fatty acids."
>>
>>It finds your keys and brings you your slippers, reduces your prostrate and boosts your
>>immune system.
>>
>>Looks like just what we need for flushing out all that blue-green algae we had to eat 10
>>years ago.
>
>Hey, algae is great. Especially when fried crisp. And enjoyed with century eggs & a bit of soy
>sauce. An excellent appetizer.

Well, it may be coincidence, but here's what I experienced.

I started eating the Sambazon acai, which is pulp of the brazilian palmberry, and within a week, I
had the 'energy' to go to an additional workout each day. The soreness is less, and I feel better
recovery after a workout. The stuff comes frozen in a pack about the size of a paperback book and
1/4" thick, four of these to a zippack.

I eat it straight out of the freezer after a ride, like those pushup pops you got as a kid, and even
though the instructions say mix it with stuff to make a smoothie type of drink, it doesn't taste too
concentrated, in fact just right.

Think what you may, try it or not.

There were a few athletes on the site touting it as an 'energy' drink, and I thought, 'oh, like
coffee', but for me, it didn't have that effect. In fact it took a week of eating it until I felt
the effect of more energy - not a 'jolt' like guarana, or caffeine, which is what I expected.

Again, I'm not affil., just thought I'd share my experiences...

-B
 
D

Dane Jackson

Guest
Zoot Katz <[email protected]> wrote:
> Mon, 16 Feb 2004 00:11:08 -0600, <[email protected]>, Kevan Smith <[email protected]
> potato.com> wrote:

>>What's in it?

> "Anthocyanins, plant sterol and essential fatty acids."

> It finds your keys and brings you your slippers, reduces your prostrate and boosts your
> immune system.

> Looks like just what we need for flushing out all that blue-green algae we had to eat 10
> years ago.

Zoot, Zoot, Zoot. Where is your sense of adventure? Personally I think that this will be the next
big thing in sports drinks:

http://www.vaam-power.com/

--
Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g I for one welcome our new hornet stomach
juice drinking overlords.
 
B

Badger_south

Guest
On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 18:41:22 GMT, Dane Jackson <[email protected]> wrote:

>Zoot Katz <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Mon, 16 Feb 2004 00:11:08 -0600, <[email protected]>, Kevan Smith <[email protected]
>> potato.com> wrote:
>
>>>What's in it?
>
>> "Anthocyanins, plant sterol and essential fatty acids."
>
>> It finds your keys and brings you your slippers, reduces your prostrate and boosts your immune
>> system.
>
>> Looks like just what we need for flushing out all that blue-green algae we had to eat 10
>> years ago.
>
>Zoot, Zoot, Zoot. Where is your sense of adventure? Personally I think that this will be the next
>big thing in sports drinks:
>
>http://www.vaam-power.com/

Hah it's been years since I first heard of that 'hornet juice' stuff. I'm surprised it's made it
into a website. I notice they didn't give out any emails, along with the names, though. (?) ;-)

But don't laugh. When I was running a lot of 10k races, I -swore- on the benes of eating some 'High
Desert Bee Pollen' tablets 1/2 hour before each race. I -really- did seem to get an energy boost and
over all sense of good feeling from the stuff.

My theory is try stuff, and keep what works for you, until it doesn't. Plenty of people put down
anything but 'Food'(tm), but hey, some things just seem to work, even beyond the placebo effect.

By the way, I don't think the Sambazon stuff helps with your 'prostrate',
b/c that's just laying down on the job, ya know. ;-p

Oddly, I was able to find both my keys and my glasses in record time the other day, though...

-B
 
K

Kevan Smith

Guest
On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 23:55:01 -0800, Zoot Katz <[email protected]> from
Balsa Pacific Aero Ltd. Engineering & Bicycle Mongery wrote:

>Mon, 16 Feb 2004 00:11:08 -0600, <[email protected]>, Kevan Smith <[email protected]
>potato.com> wrote:
>
>>What's in it?
>
>"Anthocyanins, plant sterol and essential fatty acids."
>
>It finds your keys and brings you your slippers, reduces your prostrate and boosts your
>immune system.
>
>Looks like just what we need for flushing out all that blue-green algae we had to eat 10 years ago.

Seems to be just an exotic fruit drink with sugar and caffeine from Guarana and lots of Vitamin
C ( http://www.sambazon.com/images/acai_nutfacts.jpg ). At 400 calories a bottle, though, I'm
gonna pass.

--
[email protected]
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element.
78
 
P

Peter Cole

Guest
"Badger_South" <[email protected]> wrote
>
> My theory is try stuff, and keep what works for you, until it doesn't. Plenty of people put down
> anything but 'Food'(tm), but hey, some things just seem to work, even beyond the placebo effect.

My years-long search for a power beverage ended when I discovered Yoo-Hoo.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.