Power meters · Public discussion

Anyone use a TAcx Grand Excel?

Started by ctgt · · Last activity · 4 posts · 3,067 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Power meters
Published
9 December 2009
Last activity
4 March 2010
Original author
ctgt
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,067
Views / 30 days
5
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I just picked up one used as a second trainer option (good timing too, because my Computrainer just broke, and it'll be at least a week before I get it back).

    I tried it last night and I was not pleased with the wattage readings I was getting. It felt harder and less realistic than the CT. I couldn't find anything in the manual regarding calibration either.

    The way it is now , I foresee major motivatinal issues in riding it for as long or as often as I ride the CT.

  2. sounds like you need to calibrate it which can be done as one of the setup options. i calibrate using my road bike which has an SRM on it. the wattage reading from the trainer will never match the SRM reality across all power output so i just calibrate it to match the SRM at my threshold power.

    in general i think it's a good trainer...you can program very precise workouts and regardless of cadence the resistance will be adjusted to hold the programmed wattage, within limits.

  3. Many years ago Bob Tobin compared his SRM to his Grand Excel. This is what he got:

    Image in Anyone use a TAcx Grand Excel?

  4. Thanks guys...I got my Computrainer back weeks ago and haven't used the Grand Excel since, but it definitely served its purpose for the weeeks I was without my CT. I don't have a powermeter, so my only calibration was on PE, but the numbers seemed reasonable, and after an adjustment period i was happy with it.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.