Anyone use a Wipperman's conneX chain?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Me, Mar 19, 2003.

  1. Me

    Me Guest

    Hi, I'm thinking about buying a couple of the Wipperman's conneX chains for my road and mountain
    bike but was wondering if anyone has used them.

    I'm mainly interested in them because the stainless steel should keep looking good for a while, but
    I was wondering if they are noticibley shinier for longer?

    What about shifting? Any probs or advantages over a SRAM PC99 chain?

    As you can tell I'm mainly a trail pimp, but I do like to ride everynow and then!

    cheers,

    Tags:

  2. "Me" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > Hi, I'm thinking about buying a couple of the Wipperman's conneX chains for my road and mountain
    > bike but was wondering if anyone has used them.
    >
    > I'm mainly interested in them because the stainless steel should keep looking good for a while,
    > but I was wondering if they are noticibley shinier for longer?
    >
    > What about shifting? Any probs or advantages over a SRAM PC99 chain?
    >
    > As you can tell I'm mainly a trail pimp, but I do like to ride everynow and then!
    >
    > cheers,

    I use one on my road bike. Because, living in a tropical environment (Florida) where it tends to
    rain a lot and is pretty humid, steel tends to rust quickly. It has stayed shinier longer, but I
    don't think this has much to do with its anti-corrosive properties. Shifting seems normal if not a
    hair crisper than the SRAM chain it replaced. The one drawback: the price... they are nearly $40
    retail... ouch. Hope this helps.

  3. Warren

    Warren Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Boyd Speerschneider
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Me" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > Hi, I'm thinking about buying a couple of the Wipperman's conneX chains for my road and mountain
    > > bike but was wondering if anyone has used them.
    > >
    > > I'm mainly interested in them because the stainless steel should keep looking good for a while,
    > > but I was wondering if they are noticibley shinier for longer?
    > >
    > > What about shifting? Any probs or advantages over a SRAM PC99 chain?
    > >
    > > As you can tell I'm mainly a trail pimp, but I do like to ride everynow and then!
    > >
    > > cheers,
    >
    > I use one on my road bike. Because, living in a tropical environment (Florida) where it tends to
    > rain a lot and is pretty humid, steel tends to rust quickly. It has stayed shinier longer, but I
    > don't think this has much to do with its anti-corrosive properties. Shifting seems normal if not a
    > hair crisper than the SRAM chain it replaced. The one drawback: the price... they are nearly $40
    > retail... ouch. Hope this helps.

    I just got one from Nashbar for less than $30.