anyone use diet shakes occasionally??

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Thotful560, Feb 24, 2004.

  1. Thotful560

    Thotful560 Guest

    Am I the only WW person that uses diet shakes such as slimfast, on occasion? It's the one low points
    meal that I can grab and go, and it has enough protein to keep me satisfied especially at breakfast,
    until lunch time. I use their regular shake, NOT the low carb new one. I usually try to eat a fruit
    with it..half a banana, or an orange. I probably do this twice a week when I am short of time in the
    AM. I work with food (I'm a cook) so I *have* to eat before I get to work, otherwise I will nibble
    all day.(my downfall) TIA, Teresa

    Tags:

  2. I eat Slimfast bars for breakfast at work. Then mid morning I try to have a high protein snack. I
    also eat their snack bars as they are 3 points compared to 6 for a candy bar. It keeps my chocolate
    craving under control. Their low carb snack bars are pretty good but the low carb meal bars are
    awful. Kristine "Thotful560" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    m01.aol.com... Am I the only WW person that uses diet shakes such as slimfast, on occasion? It's the
    one low points meal that I can grab and go, and it has enough protein to keep me satisfied
    especially at breakfast, until lunch time. I use their regular shake, NOT the low carb new one. I
    usually try to eat a fruit with it..half a banana, or an orange. I probably do this twice a week
    when I am short of time in the AM. I work with food (I'm a cook) so I *have* to eat before I get to
    work, otherwise I will nibble all day.(my downfall) TIA, Teresa

  3. I would do this if I could find one with low enough points, I see nothing
    wrong with doing it. It is better than not eating at all or nibbling at
    work and if it fills you up and you are fine with the point usage I am
    pleased that you are making the program work for you, keep it up, Lee, who
    fills vending machines with candy so knows your struggle
    Thotful560 <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Am I the only WW person that uses diet shakes such as slimfast, on
    occasion?
    > It's the one low points meal that I can grab and go, and it has enough
    protein
    > to keep me satisfied especially at breakfast, until lunch time. I use
    their
    > regular shake, NOT the low carb new one. I usually try to eat a fruit with it..half a banana, or
    > an orange. I probably do this twice a week when I am short of time in the AM. I work with food
    > (I'm a cook) so I *have* to eat before I get to work, otherwise I will nibble all day.(my
    > downfall) TIA, Teresa

  4. Mette

    Mette Guest

    I drink a waterbased diet shake ones i a while. Simply because it helps the hunger in between main
    meals and it is filling and filled with nutrients. I use Nupo - www.nupo.com (Which is in
    Danish..hehe). It is mixed with water, not milk, which makes it very low in points.

    There is nothing wrong with shakes. As long as people don't think it contains a magic potion that
    melts off the pounds:eek:)

    "Thotful560" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse news:[email protected]
    m01.aol.com...
    > Am I the only WW person that uses diet shakes such as slimfast, on
    occasion?
    > It's the one low points meal that I can grab and go, and it has enough
    protein
    > to keep me satisfied especially at breakfast, until lunch time. I use
    their
    > regular shake, NOT the low carb new one. I usually try to eat a fruit with it..half a banana, or
    > an orange. I probably do this twice a week when I am short of time in the AM. I work with food
    > (I'm a cook) so I *have* to eat before I get to work, otherwise I will nibble all day.(my
    > downfall) TIA, Teresa

  5. Richard

    Richard Guest

    On 25 Feb 2004 01:18:24 GMT, [email protected] (Thotful560) wrote:

    >Am I the only WW person that uses diet shakes such as slimfast, on occasion?

    I sometimes eat a Myoplex Lite Cocolate fudge bar = 4 points or drink a Myoplex Lite shake. I like
    Cappuccino Ice and Strawberry Cream. 4 points each.

    Richard Since 1938

  6. Richard

    Richard Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:37:19 GMT, Richard <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On 25 Feb 2004 01:18:24 GMT, [email protected] (Thotful560) wrote:
    >
    >>Am I the only WW person that uses diet shakes such as slimfast, on occasion?
    >
    >I sometimes eat a Myoplex Lite Cocolate fudge bar = 4 points or drink a Myoplex Lite shake. I like
    >Cappuccino Ice and Strawberry Cream. 4 points each.

    Sorry ... spell checker burped. Cocolate + Chocolate

    Richard

  7. Spoons

    Spoons Guest

    Hi Teresa,

    No you're not the only one using Slimfast shakes along with your WW's program. Like yourself I too
    have used Slimfast shakes for a quick breakfast along with a fruit. I see no problems fitting it in
    my ww's program.

    Awhile back I was out at the mall doing some shopping and it was lunch time & I was hungry so
    instead of eating fast food I went to the pharmacy and picked out a "Zone" meal replacement bar,
    Chocolate Raspberry flavor it was 5 points and very filling plus it tasted really good too. I know
    if I went for fast food I would have used all my points for the day...hahaha

    By the way I'm a stay at home mom with two little kiddies and I LOVE to cook so know what you mean
    about you being a cook and possibly nibbling all day. Somedays I feel that I'm in the kitchen all
    day. Being a chef is a dream job for me. Check out my link for my photo food log.

    Take care, SPOONS My photo food log http://www.fotolog.net/giggles

    "Thotful560" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    m01.aol.com...
    > Am I the only WW person that uses diet shakes such as slimfast, on
    occasion?
    > It's the one low points meal that I can grab and go, and it has enough
    protein
    > to keep me satisfied especially at breakfast, until lunch time. I use
    their
    > regular shake, NOT the low carb new one. I usually try to eat a fruit with it..half a banana, or
    > an orange. I probably do this twice a week when I am short of time in the AM. I work with food
    > (I'm a cook) so I *have* to eat before I get to work, otherwise I will nibble all day.(my
    > downfall) TIA, Teresa

  8. Connie

    Connie Guest

    I have a protein shake that I get through my business that is really good, it counts for 3 points
    and I'll occasionally have it with a salad for my lunch.

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/201.5/155 RAFL 210.5/201.5/198.5

    Thotful560 wrote:
    > Am I the only WW person that uses diet shakes such as slimfast, on occasion? It's the one low
    > points meal that I can grab and go, and it has enough protein to keep me satisfied especially at
    > breakfast, until lunch time. I use their regular shake, NOT the low carb new one. I usually try to
    > eat a fruit with it..half a banana, or an orange. I probably do this twice a week when I am short
    > of time in the AM. I work with food (I'm a cook) so I *have* to eat before I get to work,
    > otherwise I will nibble all day.(my downfall) TIA, Teresa

  9. TexasGirl

    TexasGirl Guest

    I sometimes eat a Slimfast meal bar for lunch when I am low on time. It is 4 points, kills the
    chocolate craving, and is something that I can chew. I hate drinking my points - I really need to
    chew on something. I think it works great when you are not starving and are out of time. I also use
    the Slimfast snack bars occasionally. Slimfast is so much less expensive than the WW snack bars. I
    also use slimfast bars extensively when I travel. When at a relative's home and there is nothing low-
    point to eat, I nibble at the regular meal, then go to my room and discreetly eat a meal bar. And I
    carry one in my purse for when I get stuck unexpectedly without food (such as at a mall). It works
    great. Glad to hear that I am not the only one.

    ==============

    "Thotful560" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    m01.aol.com... Am I the only WW person that uses diet shakes such as slimfast, on occasion? It's the
    one low points meal that I can grab and go, and it has enough protein to keep me satisfied
    especially at breakfast, until lunch time. I use their regular shake, NOT the low carb new one. I
    usually try to eat a fruit with it..half a banana, or an orange. I probably do this twice a week
    when I am short of time in the AM. I work with food (I'm a cook) so I *have* to eat before I get to
    work, otherwise I will nibble all day.(my downfall) TIA, Teresa

  10. Ray Miller

    Ray Miller Guest

    On 25 Feb 2004 01:18:24 GMT, [email protected] (Thotful560) wrote:

    >Am I the only WW person that uses diet shakes such as slimfast, on occasion? It's the one low
    >points meal that I can grab and go, and it has enough protein to keep me satisfied especially at
    >breakfast, until lunch time. I use their regular shake, NOT the low carb new one. I usually try to
    >eat a fruit with it..half a banana, or an orange. I probably do this twice a week when I am short
    >of time in the AM. I work with food (I'm a cook) so I *have* to eat before I get to work, otherwise
    >I will nibble all day.(my downfall)

    We lost our restaurant late last year and I've been trying to find stuff that I can take that will
    keep me going without breaking the (calorie) bank. I have been given some slimfast stuff from
    friends and relatives so I have a pile of it around. I've been having slimfast shakes with extra
    protein every morning for weeks now. And recently have been having a slimfast soup or meal at
    lunchtime. The soups and meals taste appalling so I won't buy any more but they do fill you up and
    are quite low in points. most of the meals/soups are about 215 points and the shakes with protein
    about 260. That means I can affors to have an occasional 'extra' without a problem.

    So long as you have a decent meal as well and still get through the fruit and veg in the
    evening it's fine. It's probably a great idea not to have them at weekends too when you have a
    bit more time..

    Ray
    --
    rmnsuk
    273/202/182

  11. Thotful560

    Thotful560 Guest

    Thanks all, the reason I asked is that I mentioned it at a meeting and got weird looks. feeling less
    strange, Teresa

  12. I would suspect that the reason you got strange looks is that many have done
    a "shake" type diet and most can't think through to the point where you are,
    you are using them like all other foods, for a specific reason, in
    moderation, when "dieters" hear shake, they think of losing/gaining/ that is
    all you eat... you are using them in a logical way that makes WW fit you so
    you are more fit, if I were you I think I would count this as a big NSV, Lee