Anyone used mavic cosmic deep section wheels?

HandyAndy

Jul 29, 2003
Hi

I've been looking at buying a pair of mavic cosmic wheels.They are the ones that came out before the carbones.Instead of a carbon fairing they have an aluminium deep section rim.Aerodynamically the same as the carbones.Does anyone have any experience or used a pair of these wheels before?I can get a really good price so I'm pretty interested to know what other people think of these wheels.

Thanks guys

Yes, I own 2 sets of cosmic wheels, one in 2002 model (black color) and 1 pbb about 96/97' model (in silver color).

They are very good wheel especially on the flat and fast descent at corners but slightly heavier than the more expensive Kirs model especially the rear wheel.

When I bought my newer model, the rear wheel didn't tune up probably so it sort of giving me some annoying sound and it didn't seem to be smooth at all, after few weeks I finally took the wheel back to the dealer and get it fixed and now as smooth as ever.

I use Conti GP300 tires and also bought the FORCE pair but not yet tried. Yes if u don't want to spent big buck and yet want a good quality wheels, they are one of the best.

Cheers.
Ray

Originally posted by HandyAndy
Hi

I've been looking at buying a pair of mavic cosmic wheels.They are the ones that came out before the carbones.Instead of a carbon fairing they have an aluminium deep section rim.Aerodynamically the same as the carbones.Does anyone have any experience or used a pair of these wheels before?I can get a really good price so I'm pretty interested to know what other people think of these wheels.

Thanks guys