Anyone used the new Campy Centaur with old Campy

geebe

Sep 1, 2008
Sick of rebuilding my Chorus shifters. Was thinking of buying the re-designed (2009-2010) Centaur shifters which are supposed to work with the older 10 speed stuff. Anyone done this? Opinions? How does it work? Supposedly the newer shifters need far less rebuilding. Let me know.
Thanks!

geebe said:
Sick of rebuilding my Chorus shifters. Was thinking of buying the re-designed (2009-2010) Centaur shifters which are supposed to work with the older 10 speed stuff. Anyone done this? Opinions? How does it work? Supposedly the newer shifters need far less rebuilding. Let me know.
Thanks!

New shape 10s ERGO, 2009/1010, works just fine with everything else older 10s. Ders, FD, cogs, chain. New levers, with completely redesigned innards have no shift springs, no spring carrier, PLUS nice ergonomics. Samo for 2011 10s ERGO..plug and play with older 10s.

Nice! This is what I need to hear. Thank you very much.
Love my Campy stuff but none of my SRAM or ShimaNO buddies are tearing apart their shifters to replace parts. Don't get me wrong, my Campy stuff shifts perfectly but........not having to rebuild the right one every year would be a bonus.

geebe said:
Love my Campy stuff but none of my SRAM or ShimaNO buddies are tearing apart their shifters to replace parts. Don't get me wrong, my Campy stuff shifts perfectly but........not having to rebuild the right one every year would be a bonus.

Every year, eh? What the hell are you doing to your shifters?

It's my only bike! Rain or shine, that's the one I'm on. I put in a lot of miles each year. Not as many as some of you but I find by the end of the summer they are starting to get a little vague. Man, they shift so nice when the guts are new!:)

geebe said:

No your sram and shimano buddies are throwing the levers away if they are outta warranty.