anyone using Elite /Axiom RealTour?

pinchflat

Apr 29, 2005
Howdy all.... I've been using this unit for about a month, and am hoping to find a real user group as Elite's board isn't very helpful for me.

Specifically, tho, I'd like to find a source for DVDs that will work with this unit, and that do not cost 50 Euros to deliver to my US address. Performance Bike sez, maybe, sometime, they'll get some more beyond the 2 they do stock.
(Larcano and Vassiviere pt 1 both work)

And I'd like to get a feel for the accuracy of the power readings, if anyone has both this unit and something like an on the road unit like a PowerTap.

thanks, and keep pushing those pedals.

Cheers from Fairbanks,

Can't address the DVD issue, but if you've done a search before posting you may have read my comments on a previous post WRT this trainer.

I have the Real Axiom V3 and while a good piece of equipment for the price I paid ($450), the power readings are optimistic if you set the roller pressure via the instructions, and you'll only get a 6-7% max grade regardless of what your display is telling you. I highly doubt Elite's claim for the Real Power CT of replicating a 15-20% grade. What has been your experience? For the price they want for these units in the US ($1500), they better have upgraded the resistance unit considerably over the V3.

Anyway, to get your power readings reasonably accurate, you must get your rear wheel coast-down test to around 14 secs at 20mph after warm up (tire and resistance unit). The weight I input for myself includes my bike weight as well.

My $0.02CAN worth...