Anyone want a tandem?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Smudger, Apr 22, 2003.

  1. Smudger

    Smudger Guest

    I've got an Ammoco "The Other Half" tandem, brand new in my garage that the family don't use. It
    cost about £250 and I've got a rack on it and half SPD pedals on the front. It's immaculate bar some
    paint on the near-side rear chainstay where some space was made for a different chainring. You can't
    see it and the frame is fine, there's two rear stays so it's good and strong.

    It's a nice bike ideal for the odd pootle to the shops or for taking a child out and about. I'm 6
    foot and can comfortable drive it. My son's 12 years old and can stoke fine. I'd say a large ten
    year old would be OK on it. The stoker saddle will adjust for larger riders of course.

    I want it to go to a good home so it's up for sale on here for £99. The buyer will have to collect
    it from Basingstoke.

    If you're interested then mail me by taking the two NOSPAM bits out of the mail address.

    When it's gone it's gone.

    Tags:

  2. Smudger

    Smudger Guest

    "Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I've got an Ammoco "The Other Half" tandem, brand new in my garage that
    the
    > family don't use. It cost about £250 and I've got a rack on it and half
    SPD
    > pedals on the front. It's immaculate bar some paint on the near-side rear chainstay where some
    > space was made for a different chainring. You can't see it and the frame is fine, there's two rear
    > stays so it's good and strong.
    >
    > It's a nice bike ideal for the odd pootle to the shops or for taking a
    child
    > out and about. I'm 6 foot and can comfortable drive it. My son's 12
    years
    > old and can stoke fine. I'd say a large ten year old would be OK on it. The stoker saddle will
    > adjust for larger riders of course.
    >
    > I want it to go to a good home so it's up for sale on here for £99. The buyer will have to collect
    > it from Basingstoke.
    >
    > If you're interested then mail me by taking the two NOSPAM bits out of the mail address.
    >
    > When it's gone it's gone.

    And if you want to see a picture - it looks very like this one which is a newer model:

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3604221959&category=161 70

  3. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 17:39:46 +0100, "Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I've got an Ammoco "The Other Half" tandem, brand new in my garage that the

    Smudger,

    I have a blind friend who has been longing to get back onto a tandem for ages, but finances and an
    inexperienced pilot (her hubby) do not permit. If we could come to some arrangement I would love
    to be able to take Fiona out for a spin, since I'm now a tolerably experienced pilot, and my wife
    can teach Paul how to pilot. Please email me at guy dot chapman at changeworks dot co dot uk or
    call me on 0118 9470948 - I sense a golden opportunity to do a good deed. I even have a tandem
    rack on my car!

    Cheers,

    Guy

    Guy