Anyone with experience with either the Motobecane Century Pro or Douglas Fusion

dlwaldron

Jul 8, 2003
Does anyone have any experience with either the Motobecane Century Pro or the Douglas Fusion Ultegra bike. I'd like to get some opinions about the bikes. Or any of the Ultegra equiped Motobecanes.

Originally posted by dlwaldron
Does anyone have any experience with either the Motobecane Century Pro or the Douglas Fusion Ultegra bike. I'd like to get some opinions about the bikes. Or any of the Ultegra equiped Motobecanes.

I have a 2003 Motobecane Le Champion with an Ultegra triple. I looked at just about everything before making my decision and I'm really pleased with the bike. The frame and components are top notch, it's very light and rides and tracks beautifully. I got mine for $1,095 which I think is an incredible bargain. I understand that the price for this model has now gone up another $100 or so, but I still think it's a steal. I don't have any experience with the Century Pro, but I would imagine that the build quality is similar. I've also heard good things about the Douglas Fusion, although it costs a bit more than the Le Champion for essentially the same frame and components (also, pedals are included on the Le Champion, but not on the Fusion). The downside to both bikes is that neither has much name recognition or dealer support and you have to purchase via mail order. Go to a bike shop and determine your correct frame size before you order.