Anyone with Sigma BC1600 experience?

amirm

New Member
Jul 20, 2003
Looking at the info on Sigmasport web page, BC1600 works with two different wheel sizes. The info says that it gives separate odo and trip distance for wheel 1 and wheel 2. My question is "Does it also give separate values for average speed, max speed and time for each wheel setting?" This could not be worked out either from online info or from the manual .pdf.

Any comment is appreciated.
Cheers.

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 22:19:30 GMT, amirm <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Looking at the info on Sigmasport web page, BC1600 works with two different wheel sizes. The info
>says that it gives separate odo and trip distance for wheel 1 and wheel 2. My question is "Does it
>also give separate values for average speed, max speed and time for each wheel setting?" This could
>not be worked out either from online info or from the manual .pdf.

If it's anything like the BC1200, then YES. You cycle between two wheel sizes, and it computers ALL
variables for the wheel size you have selected.

---
Cheers

PeterC

[Rushing headlong: out of control - and there ain't no stopping]
[and there's nothing you can do about it at all]

amirm <[email protected]> wrote:
> Looking at the info on Sigmasport web page, BC1600 works with two different wheel sizes. The info
> says that it gives separate odo and trip distance for wheel 1 and wheel 2. My question is "Does it
> also give separate values for average speed, max speed and time for each wheel setting?" This
> could not be worked out either from online info or from the manual .pdf.

> Any comment is appreciated. Cheers.

> --

You input two different wheel circumferences and there's a button to switch between each of those
settings. So the speed, avg speed etc it displays are based on whichever wheel size you've selected
at the time.

Cheers.
--
Nick

So if I reset the values while say in wheel 1, it will not affect the values stored for wheel 2, right?

Originally posted by Nickzx6r
amirm <[email protected]> wrote:
> Looking at the info on Sigmasport web page, BC1600 works with two different wheel sizes. The info
> says that it gives separate odo and trip distance for wheel 1 and wheel 2. My question is "Does it
> also give separate values for average speed, max speed and time for each wheel setting?" This
> could not be worked out either from online info or from the manual .pdf.

> Any comment is appreciated. Cheers.

> --

You input two different wheel circumferences and there's a button to switch between each of those
settings. So the speed, avg speed etc it displays are based on whichever wheel size you've selected
at the time.

Cheers.
--
Nick

amirm <[email protected]> wrote:
> Nickzx6r wrote:
> > amirm <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > Looking at the info on Sigmasport web page, BC1600 works with two different wheel sizes. The
> > > info says that it gives separate odo and trip distance for wheel 1 and wheel 2. My question
> > > is "Does it also give separate values for average speed, max speed and time for each wheel
> > > setting?" This could not be worked out either from online info or from the manual .pdf. Any
> > > comment is appreciated. Cheers.
> > > --
> > You input two different wheel circumferences and there's a button to switch between each of
> > those settings. So the speed, avg speed etc it displays are based on whichever wheel size
> > you've selected at the time. Cheers.
> > --
> > Nick

> So if I reset the values while say in wheel 1, it will not affect the values stored for wheel
> 2, right?

I don't think it keeps separate trip distance, time, avg speed and max. ie. go for a ride on 'wheel
#1' and then switch to 'wheel #2' - the wheel #1 figures will still be there and the wheel #2
figures will then be added to what's already there. The only persistent data is the odometer which
is saved separately for each wheel.

Reading thatparagraph back again doesn't sound too clear but hopefully you get what I mean.

Although I should add that I've never had a BC1600, but I've had several BC1200 and BC800s which
all work the same way so I wouldn't expect Sigma have suddenly changed it. At the moment both my
bikes have their own computer (Echo) but my motorbike has a BC800 on it so I'll try it out next
time I ride it.

Cheers.
--
Nick

Thanks Nick.

Interestingly, none of the LBSs who carry BC1600 didn't know either. But from what I've understood so far, and your comments, I gather there won't be two separate sets of data one of which for each wheel size. The only ones that do it, that I know of, are CicloMaster computers. I use one on my commuting road bike. I'm very pleased with it. I'm in the market to buy another computer, and when I saw the info on BC1600 I thought it might be a cheaper alternative (about $45 less) to the CM212 (Ciclosport).