Anyway, its horsing it down here...

MountainPro

Aug 11, 2004
Has winter started already...?

its been raining since January...pretty severe (on average mind)...

MountainPro said:

90 degrees on the F scale here ,as a high, and dry as a bone and autumn starts today.

I want a time machine to store this weather here in SE Pennsylvania so to have a sample of the most beautifull day in record.

Crisp morning, warm rest of the day, nippy afternoon.

Sunny sunny sunny.

Remind me to make my next car a convertible too.

jhuskey said:
90 degrees on the F scale here ,as a high, and dry as a bone and autumn starts today.
Highs in the 60's and 70's here, making it a real autumn. If it weren't for the days getting shorter, it would be perfect.

Don't mean to add to your misery but:

We're having some beautiful weather here in S/E Virginia,
mid 80's (F), low humidity, sunny, ocean surf temp still in upper 70's (not good for hurricane development but great for swimming and surfing).

It's been quite nice in this part of the land. Sunny and a nice breeze cool you down. It's been like that for a while now aswell. Sorry to rub it in. He he he.

MountainPro said:

Tuesday we got our first DROP of rain in three months. Summer's over but winter's not here yet. I did have to wear tights on my Saturday morning ride though - took my arm warmers but didn't need them.

MountainPro said:

That is the cost of living in a prime summer destination .... OH! that is Scottland ... I am sorry! :D

Damn! Tomorrow I will commute AGAIN in my bike 20+20 kilometers in the beautiful sunshine.

Love to kick people while on the ground:D

huhenio said:
That is the cost of living in a prime summer destination .... OH! that is Scottland ... I am sorry! :D

Damn! Tomorrow I will commute AGAIN in my bike 20+20 kilometers in the beautiful sunshine.

Love to kick people while on the ground:D
Especially when they're lying in a puddle, and it's raining, windy and cold, and they're miles and miles and miles and miles and miles from home!:D Gee, I can be mean sometimes.:D

LindaNo1 said:
Rain or not. Just be glad you don't live in the hurricane regions of the US ... :(
yeah and thats about to get a whole lot worse, as Bush and his licking crew continue their camel impression as regards global warming.

all we get out if the deal is pissing rain. mind you, its sunny today so my argument is shot to sh*t.

i remember when i was a lad, it was either bright sunshine in the summer or lovely white snow in the winter.

now its just rain...geee thanks guys.

MountainPro said:
man, what a bunch of bastards....kick a guy when he is down why dont ya?
Feel free to kick me back in February when it's -30F here, and I'm lucky if the inside of my apartment breaks 60.

huhenio said:
I will go and kick you .... then I will go skiing with you!!!

Just kick snow in his face while skiing with him and save time. This is a photo of me a few yarns back.
Snow had snow been invented the year before.

huhenio said:
I will go and kick you .... then I will go skiing with you!!!
cheers, i ve never been skiing before, but i am thinking of taking it up as a means of commutting to work and back..

MountainPro said:
cheers, i ve never been skiing before, but i am thinking of taking it up as a means of commutting to work and back..
Don't worry, MP, it rained here last night, so it must be Winter....Hang on, it's around 30deg C, so it's just the start of the monsoon. I guess you're right - you are living in a miserable place :D

EoinC said:
Don't worry, MP, it rained here last night, so it must be Winter....Hang on, it's around 30deg C, so it's just the start of the monsoon. I guess you're right - you are living in a miserable place :D
I tell you what - summer in Scotland is even worse than winter - they've got more midges per square inch than anywhere else on the planet. I got bitten about 2 thousand times this year and I never left the hotel.

It's a rotten, fetid, swamp land with blood sucking nasties everywhere.

And did I mention the midges? :D