Anywhere to buy Giant bikes online?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by asahitoro, Feb 23, 2003.

  1. asahitoro

    asahitoro Guest

    Any Giant mailorder dealers? Thanks,

    Scott

    Tags:

  2. > Any Giant mailorder dealers? Thanks,

    I don't believe Giant allows mail-order sales of bicycles, for generally good reasons (mostly having
    to do with selecting the right model, getting fit properly, and both having it properly assembled
    *and* a place that takes ownership of it in the event something's not quite right down the road).

    Please keep in mind that you may be able to find a dealer willing to sell you a bike mail order even
    when it's not allowed, but that's usually a bad idea, since most warranties are valid only if
    purchased locally, and, since the dealer is willing to write off something they signed an agreement
    to do, they may not be the most trustworthy people to hand your money over to.

    Are you having difficulty finding a Giant dealer locally?

    (See guys, I didn't once mention anything about looking at a TREK. Oops, guess I just did, my bad!)

  3. asahitoro

    asahitoro Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > > Any Giant mailorder dealers? Thanks,
    >

    > I don't believe Giant allows mail-order sales of bicycles, for generally good reasons (mostly
    > having to do with selecting the right model, getting fit properly, and both having it properly
    > assembled *and* a place that takes ownership of it in the event something's not quite right down
    > the road).
    >
    > Please keep in mind that you may be able to find a dealer willing to sell you a bike mail order
    > even when it's not allowed, but that's usually a bad idea, since most warranties are valid only if
    > purchased locally, and, since the dealer is willing to write off something they signed an
    > agreement to do, they may not be the most trustworthy people to hand your money over to.
    >
    > Are you having difficulty finding a Giant dealer locally?
    >
    > (See guys, I didn't once mention anything about looking at a TREK. Oops, guess I just did,
    > my bad!)

    Thanks for the input,

    My local Giant dealer closed, I'll look for a new one(I may have to drive some). I'm actually
    looking for a Giant Tuffy 20" kids bike. I have an older Giant bike (CFM 4) and like it a lot.
    I'm getting back into riding bikes after some time off(my daughter just started riding
    recently). I thought I'd look up my CFM 4 on Giant's website to see if they have any
    info/manuals on it in the archives. When my 6 YO daughter saw the Giant Tuffy in purple from the
    website, she fell in love with
    it. She needs a good quality bike and she loved the looks. My Giant bike was a lot of bang for the
    buck so I thought it would be a good choice for her(plus she's a good little saleswoman). For
    the record, she liked the Trek Mystic 20" in pink as a close runner up. Thanks for the input,

    Scott