ANZ bike tours?

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by tri_gal_17, Feb 19, 2008.

1. tri_gal_17

tri_gal_17 New Member

hi there,

I'd like to ride in either Australia or New Zealand later this year and am looking for some guidance on reputable local tour operators. I'm not looking for a Backroads or Trek Travel type tour, more likely one with camping or basic accommodations each night and less of a "luxury" feel (and price). (For those of you familiar with tours in the US, I'm looking for something like a MOOSA, a RAGBRAI or even an MS type ride). We're coming over for our honeymoon and will spend about 2 weeks on that side of the world but are really only interested in biking for 4-7 days.

Any and all help much appreciated - I've found many operators online but have no idea how reputable/well supported they are.

Thanks!!
    Amanda

Tags:

2. cruisin

cruisin New Member

State cycling organisations run the type of event you probably want. These are usually 8 or 9 days but some have half options. Contacts are Bicycle NSW, Bicycle Queensland and Bicycle Victoria (google them for events and dates etc).
    These tours are fully supported and some have accomodation options from your own camping gear to they supply or motel options. Meals, amenities and luggage transport are provided.
    Their main events can have from about 1200 riders to around 3000 riders.
    These organisations should be able to advise on private operators as well.

3. mikeg

mikeg New Member